Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault ribbon menu missing for AutoCAD Mechanical 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tahdesign1
4028 Views, 10 Replies

Vault ribbon menu missing for AutoCAD Mechanical 2012

My install of Product Design Suite Premium 2012 includes AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical. In the AutoCAD profile ribbon menu thee is a Vault area. Thee is not one in the AutoCAD Mechanical ribbon menu. Is this on purpose? To check files in/out in AutoCAD Mechanical it appears I must use the drop down menu.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: tahdesign1

Hi

The following information is from Readme. Can you please try this and see if you can get the Vault Tab in the ribbon?

• The Vault ribbon and toolbar may be missing when launching AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based products from the same installation but using different profiles. To restore the Vault ribbon and toolbar, enter CUILOAD and load the "VaAc.cuix" file from the respective locations:
    • For Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\ [username] \Application Data\Autodesk\ [product name] \R18.1\ [lang] \Support
    • For Windows 7 and Vista - C:\Users\ [username] \AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ [product name] \R18.1\ [lang] \Support

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 11
Maxim-CADman77

We have same issue at least on several PCs and there is no "VaAc.cuix" on the disk C at all.

Both Vault Pro and ACADM were reinstalled several times. What might be wrong?

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

What is your order of installation? Try this order and let us know how that goes.

1. Install ACADM

2. Install Vault Professional Client.

If you have the order in reverse way then try the following

1. Go to Control Pane->Add Remove Programs

2. Select Vault Pro Client - Add/Remove Features and then check whether AutoCAD Mechanical Add-in was selected or not. If not select and install

One of the above should help you to get the Vault add-in inside ACADM. Let us know if you cannot see the add-in still.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11

The key problem is:

In our product set Vault Pro 2012 Client installer is supposed to show at least 7 features in list of features :

1. Autoloader
  2. AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 Add-In
  3. AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Add-In
  4. Autodesk Inventor 2012 Add-In
  5. MS Office Add-In
  6. MS Outlook Add-In
  7. Samples

(source - http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=afdf3378-a0dc-42b3-8c19-859c455a1f05, we don't have  AutoCAD Architecture)

But insted it shows only 4:

1. Autoloader
  2. Autodesk Inventor 2012 Add-In
  3. MS Office Add-In
  4. Samples

I wonder where is the rest? And how to make Vault Pro 2012 Installer  see them?

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have the following installed and ran atleast once in that machine?

• AutoCAD Mechanical 2012
  • AutoCAD Electrical 2012
  • MS Outlook

Also did you try uninstalling and installing just Vault Pro 2012 alone? If possible please send me the screenshot of your installed programs from the add/remove programs list.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11

I have similar problem with PrDS 2013 on several machines. On three of them Vault Client installation "see" only AutoCAD Mechanical, and doesn't see AutoCAD Electrical at all. On fourth machine installer was able to install add-in on Electrical, but not Mechanical.

I tried every possible combination - I uninstalled Mechanical to check, if Vault installer will see Electrical. Obviously Electrical was started and closed befor Vault installation, but nothing helps. Installer somehow chooses some AutoCAD and shows it on the list to install.

Can anybody help me to add Vault Workgroup add-in to my Electrical or Mechanical? I can load cui, but application component are also needed to be loaded to AutoCAD.

Thanks for any idea.

Message 8 of 11
Maxim-CADman77

The UI language of your CAD installed should comply with language of Vault Client.

In some configurations you need to install two Vault clients of different languages ie (Pro and Basic).

Message 9 of 11

Thank you for the hint. Indeed, the problem has something to do with languages, because english Vault installer sees Electrical and polish Vault installer sees Mechanical (polish). Should I install two Vault Workgroup clients in two languages on the same machine? Is this possible?
Message 10 of 11

So you probably use English Electrical and Polish Mechanical. Unfortunately Vault unlike Inventor does not support installing the same client in two languages on same PC but you can install Polish Vault Workgroup  and English Vault Basic. This should help. We do so with English and Russian.

Message 11 of 11
AnnaNowak_MuM

Thank you for resolving my problem. It is a workaround actually but it works.

In Electrical I have english add-in and in Mechanical the polish one.

Thank you once more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report