Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault revision compliance

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
awatt
572 Views, 4 Replies

Vault revision compliance

Using Vault 2013 pro.

I'm seeing that for most files, The properties 'Revision (Vault)' and 'Revision (Model)' must match to be compliant.

However, I've seen exceptions. I believe these were AutoCAD files, not Inventor Files.

What I can't answer is this:

How do I tell the Vault that the 'Revision (Vault)' property should or shouldn't match something else?  Where does the compliance rule live?

The answer to that will tell me where to start looking to plug the hole in our drawing security.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: awatt

@Anonymous wrote:

Using Vault 2013 pro.

I'm seeing that for most files, The properties 'Revision (Vault)' and 'Revision (Model)' must match to be compliant.

However, I've seen exceptions. I believe these were AutoCAD files, not Inventor Files.

What I can't answer is this:

How do I tell the Vault that the 'Revision (Vault)' property should or shouldn't match something else?  Where does the compliance rule live?

The answer to that will tell me where to start looking to plug the hole in our drawing security.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome.

Not sure where you are seeing these two properties, can you elaborate?  Are these both properties in your Vault setup?  Are are you talking about the out of the box Vault system property "Revision", and a corresponding property on the file side?  What type of files?  Acad, Inventor... something else?  How do you wish to control revisions, based on lifecycle?  And last but not least (for now) are you using Items?

Message 3 of 5
ryan

The compliance for the Revision would be based upon the settings for the property.  So, if Revision is being written back to the Inventor iProperty but they are currently different, then you would have non-compliancy.   If you bring up the properties grid, move over the red warning sign on the Reivison property and it will show you in the pop-up why the it is non-compliant.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 4 of 5
awatt

I think I found the problem:  conflicting and redundant Property mapping.  Thank you for answering.

Message 5 of 5
tspeed

Hi,

Could you please elaborate the solutions steps. I do experiencing the same problem with inventor parts. What do you mean by conflicting and redundant property mapping ?

Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report