Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault pulling wrong version after checkout ?????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mmuelle2
415 Views, 5 Replies

Vault pulling wrong version after checkout ?????

When I search for a file it shows the correct versions in the view panel on the bottom, but as soon as I check out the parent file, the attachments change to an older version ?

See my attached picture. I see version 4 but after checkout of the parent, I get version 1 of the attachment ??

If I checkout from the top panel it seems to grab the correct versions..

I am using Vault 2011 and Inventor/AutoCad Mechanical 2011

So what I see is not always what I get ...? Help !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mmuelle2
in reply to: mmuelle2

Anyone ???

Message 3 of 6
olearya

Hi there, 

This does seem a little odd given some of the workflow you have shared and it may be best to create a support case to further investigate, but hopefully the following explanation is something you can test.

In Vault under the uses tab by default, we always shows "latest", this means we show the latest of every file, HOWEVER, the file when it was added might actually point to a different version (it was checked in with reference to version 1 and then at a later time someone added version 4 of the excel file which has not been updated in the drawing).

When you open from AutoCAD, Vault opens the LATEST of everything by default, meaning your drawing will now consume the latest version = 4.

In older versions of Vault though open from Vault Explorer defaults to open rev bias, so you would not necessarily get latest - it may get the version that was referenced.

Why I say this is odd in your case though is that this behavior should be consistent regardless of where you open in VE and you don't seem to be using document revisions or getting older versions. 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
mmuelle2
in reply to: olearya

Thank you for the reply. Can we open a support case for this?

Message 5 of 6
olearya

HI there, 

Sure, do you have a subscription / support contract in place or are you able to contact your software partner to log a case and start investigation?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
mmuelle2
in reply to: olearya

I think so but I will have to find out from IT.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report