Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault is not compatible with the following applications on xxx

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Raider_71
4653 Views, 17 Replies

Vault is not compatible with the following applications on xxx

error.png

Hi guys has anyone got some real information on what the cause for this could be? Please see attached image as well.

Basically what happens as soon as you upgrade to Vault 2014, the next day when trying to log onto the server with Vault client you get this message saying your software is not compatible with the application. The only thing we have found to work was to reset IIS using the standard iisreset command. This normally works and then the next day the same story.

This is now the second server we have upgraded from Vault 2013 to 2014 that’s doing this. In the one case we were restoring a Vault backup on a brand new Windows 2008 R2 server and now in this case we did an upgrade on the same server. In both cases everything worked 100% before and the software and hardware requirements have been met 100%

I have looked at the suggestions on Cracking the Vault blog but nothing really helps.

My question is why after going to 2014 does this start where before it was running perfectly?

The second server we have done yesterday is on the latest service pack level and everything plus SQL and SQL SP's.

Has anyone got any more information in this regard? It would be nice to get to the bottom of this and find the real reason why Vault 2014 has this issue.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
cbenner
in reply to: Raider_71

Message 3 of 18
Raider_71
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the advice. I would assume then that restarting the server would have restarted the service but in our case the problem comes back the next day. Obviously Vault does something at night that is causing this as it only happens the next day every day…

Message 4 of 18
cbenner

What type of Vault tasks do you have running at tnight?  Do they shut down the server?  And is that SQL service to to restart automatically on server restart?  Hmmm,... just kind of going down the list here.  My guess is there is some osrt of task running at night that is shutting that service down.

Do you use SQL in other areas, and do they sit on the same server?  Because it may  not even be Vault that is shutting it down.

That's all I got... when it comes to IT stuff, I'm dangerous at best.  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 18
Raider_71
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

It’s a standard Windows Server 2008 with SQL 2008 SP3. No other SQL instances on it and the server is not running any tasks at night other than the standard built in Vault tasks which I have no control over. This is my point exactly. Nothing changed except for Vault... Everything was working fine when it was Vault 2013.

Message 6 of 18
ihayesjr

I see that you are connecting to it from a 2013 client.  Do you have the same problem when connecting from a 2014 client?

When you have the problem again, can you try and connect with the IP address and see if that shows the same error?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 7 of 18
Raider_71
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi Irvin,

It happens from both 2013 and 2014 Vault clients.

I think we have tried connecting using IP and also no difference.

Like I said, why was everything working fine on 2013 and now with 2014 its a problem with no configuration changes on the server or infrastructure.

Cheers

Message 8 of 18
samuel.seah

Can you check the logs in Windows Event Viewer where the Vault Server is installed to see if there are any errors returning?

Regards,

Samuel

Message 9 of 18
r.smith1

Hi Raider_007,

Please review this support blog entry.  What are the results when you perform these actions?

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2013/06/login-vault-problem-vault-is-not-compat...

Please also try:
1. Install the same Vault Service Pack and/or Hotfix on Vault Server & Vault Client.
2. Open IIS and go on Default Web Site - Manage Website - Advanced Settings - Physical Path Credentials
Change back to the default setting (Application user)

Another solution is it:
Add 'AutodeskVault' user permission to Filestore.
  1. Windows Explorer, right-click filestore.
  2. Properties
  3. Security
  4. Edit: add AutodeskVault account, grant Full Control.

Please reply if any of the above help, and let us know which one works in your case if they resolve the problem you're experiencing.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 18
scottmoyse
in reply to: r.smith1

I used to get this A LOT with the 2014 ADMS, I've seen it less with 2015 ADMS. But I did get it the other day and found SQL services hadn't fired up correctly. My ADMS is running in a VM though and for some reason the services don't start correctly or at all if the Guest/VM OS takes a long time to boot up. 

Do you have a backup script running? Is it stock standard as generated by the ADMS Console? or have you added extra code?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 11 of 18
mbodnar

Hi

I have been getting this lately too for Vault 2014 when

1. Straight after the Vault adms server upgrade - server reboot recommended

2. When AutodeskDM Pool stops - check that it is started

If 2 above happens regularly or if IIS reset fixes the issue, check even viewer for errors

Max

Message 12 of 18
Raider_71

Hi guys sorry for the late reply and lack of feedback on this topic. We had a public holiday here in South Africa so had a looong weekend 🙂

I have been looking everywhere for a solution or things to try and besides the obvious Cracking the Vault article I pointed out in the beginning and that was also pointed out to me by someone else, I have now done the following on the Vault server:

• IIS Advanced settings - Physical Path Credentials - Change back to the default setting (Application user) (In my case this was already correct)
  • Add 'AutodeskVault' user permission to Filestore folder. Make it Full control.
  • Computer Users and Groups: Make 'AutodeskVault' a local admin, Add 'AutodeskVault' to IIS_IUSRS group
  • IIS 5% memory error - Open the file named web.config in notepad - Change: <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService="0" />
  • Restart the server

I have now disabled the scheduled IISRESET and waiting for the morning to see what the users will experience.

I will report back but if the above does not solve the issue then I am back to square one... holding thumbs

If there are any more ideas please let me have it.

I have attached the server log files for the past two days if needed.

Cheers

Message 13 of 18
mbodnar

If error comes up again check event viewer on server and post any errors that show up

Max
Sent from my iPhone
Message 14 of 18
Raider_71

Hi guys,

I am happy to report that the last batch of items I performed seems to have fixed the issue and this morning we had no issue with logging into Vault. I checked the Windows event viewer and it was clean as well.

In future I think I am just going to perform those tasks by default on all Vault servers.

Thanks for everyone for the advice and assistance!

Cheers

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 18
r.smith1

One other mention, we're finding that when you add the IIS_IUSRS account to the Autodesk Websites to be full control, this issue in some circumstances is resolved.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 18
Raider_71
in reply to: mbodnar

Thanks for the tip. I will implement that as well.

Cheers!

Message 17 of 18
tmoney2007

This is apparently one of several generic errors that can mean any number of things.

We had this coming up last week because the IIS pool was full because of an issue with the license server configuration.

Message 18 of 18
tolgay.hickiran
in reply to: r.smith1

Saved our life mate, Granting full control worked like a charm

Some worthwhile ideas
Copy Design should rename ilogic Rules too!
Why Nastran In-CAD doesn't have an SDK?IMPLEMENTED!

Tolgay Hickiran
Founding Partner
SignatureSignature

website
emailskypelinkedinyoutubeemail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report