Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault - dirty files each and every time check out!!!???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tegstette
812 Views, 5 Replies

Vault - dirty files each and every time check out!!!???

I have a big mystery!

All my files ipt, iam, idw get dirty each and every time I check them out and update properties from Vault...!!!??? Both old and new files. I cannot make them clean no matter how many times I check them in and out.

If I check out a file and update properties from Vault it gets dirty. Then I save the file and update properties again from Vault - then it gets dirty again - every time!

It has not been like this before and this problem must have come the latest weeks, cannot remember that we have done anything special... My first thoughts were that it had to do with either mappings or templates. But i cannot find what is causing this. I have now created a test-Vault and sysematically tried to find out what the problem is. I have replaced my templates with standard Autodesk templates. I have deleted all custom properties on files. I have even created a new file from the standard Autodesk templates without any customizations. I have systematically removed all "create" on mappings and almost removed absolutely all, etc...

But now I have run out of ideas!

If someone has had a similar problem or have any good suggestions, I would be very glad to hear about it!

We are using Autodesk Inventor 2013 sp2 update 4, Vault professional 2013 sp1 update 2, Vault client is sp1 update 1 (not 2 because it causes problems for our iparts/iassemblies - but have installed this on test-pc-vault - same result),

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: tegstette

Can you create a new Vault and then try the same workflow? If you still see the same issue may be you can give us a sample file to try. 

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
tegstette
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi and thank you for you answerSmiley Happy

I think I have found out what is the problem:

Here is the main problem 1.1:

If a file is mapped both ways and create is set to ‘No’ – and custom property does not already exist in file – this will not create the property in the inventor-file (as to create ‘No’), but it makes the file dirty after update properties from Vault every time...

Similar problem 1.2:

If a file is mapped from Vault to inventor and create is set to ‘No’ – and custom property does not already exist in file – this will not create the property in the inventor-file (as to create ‘No’), but it makes the file dirty after update properties from Vault every time.

For both cases above, same result if the property has/has not any value in Vault.

(If the properties does not excist in the file, usually I do not want this property in the file. E.g. I do not want a lot of properties on the idws that is only in use for ipt, etc.)

Problem 2

Boolean values is not created even if they are set to ‘Yes’. They do not get created but they do not cause dirty files either… But when i set create to 'Yes' I want them to be created... I notice that Data type is Text, meanwhile Type is Boolean (True or False). I am not able to edit Data Type.

Hope you have any good tipSmiley Happy

Best regards
TG

Message 4 of 6
tegstette

Hi, again!

Regarding "Problem 2" - boolean mappings, this is not a problem... actually it is quite ok just like it it...Smiley Happy

But the dirty files when mapping to a non-existing custom property is still a problem.

Hope anyone can shed some light on this issue for me...

Best regards
TG

Message 5 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

Hi,

Thanks for your details information and steps. I am seeing this issue as well. I am forwarding to Development team to take a look.

Thanks again.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 6 of 6
kevin.hay
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi there.

Was there a solution proposed by the develpment team or has the issue been fixed in newer versions of Vault?

We still run Vault Collaboration 2013 with Inventor 2013 and see a similar problem. We plan to migrate to 2015 Professional R2 later this year and I would appreciate knowing if the problem has been solved for future versions?

Cheers,

Kev.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report