Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault client installation files- insert DVD?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BSchubring
622 Views, 3 Replies

Vault client installation files- insert DVD?

This one just stumps me.  I have vault pro 2014 client installation files I downloaded from subscription center, and extracted to a network drive.  I can point a client to this folder, launch setup, and install from this location. Great. (It's not a deployment, just extracted files)

When I copy this folder from the network share to an 8GB flash drive and I try to install from that drive, I can get through installation setup choices, then when the installation begins it immediately prompts me to insert the DVD, and offers no choices to browse for whatever file it's looking for. We have no install DVD. Why do these files work from a network share, but not a flash drive, and what is it looking for?

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BSchubring
in reply to: BSchubring

Interestingly, copying the files off the flash drive onto the computer allows Vault to install.

Message 3 of 4
pdarmody

These are great questions and I would really like to know the answers also!  I have over 100 users for whom to deploy the Vault Pro 2014 client.  We figrued out how to do this with flash drives for Vault 2012.  ) Needed to tweak the contents of two INI files and the LNK shortut properties for each possible flash drive letter. Wrote a batch file to determine flash drive letter and copy appropriate INI's and LNK into correct directories.)  See attached file and screenshots below

However, this workaround that worked so well for 2012 is not working for 2014.  I get the same error message - "please insert DVD".  What is going on, and why won't Autodesk give us the option to use flash drives for deployments without elaborate workarounds??!!  Using network shares bogs the process down immensely -- even on good networks!

Autodesk, please respond!

Root folder of Vault Pro 2012 64bit Flash Drive Deployment

options folders hold tweaked versions of files

Options folder for case of flash drive letter = F:

Message 4 of 4
BSchubring

It sounds like your environment might not have this issue, but if I recall correctly, this was the cause of our error:

PCs having this problem had the Vault BASIC client installed in addition to professional if I recall correctly. (it was installed by default along with the suite) So, when we went to install, it was colliding with Basic, and looking for the proper install files. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report