Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault changing the Create Date

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
eyde
990 Views, 8 Replies

Vault changing the Create Date

I have set my title block with the date as a field (created date). After checking in the drawing and the the next day check out the drawing it is changing my create date to the day I checked it in. Does anyone know how to disable this or any tricks that will make the create date stay put after checking in the drawing?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
minkd
in reply to: eyde

When a file is downloaded from Vault, the create date of the file on the local filesystem is set to the create date of that version of the file in vault.  Vault needs this to be able to correctly resolve a given file on the local filesystem to the proper version in vault so it can provide proper file status.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
eyde
in reply to: minkd

I was worried about that. Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 9
rhunter

I see this issue is marked as resolved. What is the solution?

I have a long outstanding issue regarding our date field that my reseller has so far been unable to solve.

At basic level I want to have the created date (not including the time) of my Autocad drawing on my Title Block and it to remain there without Vault changing it every time I check in and out.

I created a custom field in my Autocad template called "Original Vaulted Date"

I added the "Original Vaulted Date" field to my Autocad Title Block.

I mapped this custom property to Vault system property  "Original Create Date".

Checked the drawing in and out of Vault and the date got added. Only problem is that it added the time as well.

I have also experimented with Diesel functions which worked but unfortunately Diesel expressions don't work with Design Review and hence affect my DWF creation.

Seems simple but I am a bit rusty on Autocad stuff so apologies for pestering you on this.

Hope soemone out there can help?

Message 5 of 9
eyde

Hi,

I have two original dates. One is date only and one is date and time. Can you post the steps you took to get your field to work?  Thanks 

Message 6 of 9
rhunter

Two original dates sounds interesting

We are using 2012 by the way. Not due to upgrade until Early next year.

In my title block I added a date field using "insert" then "Field"

I then select a field from the list. I used "Createdate" originally but this gave the time as well.

I also tried using a Diesel command as suggested by our reseller. This worked in Autocad but won't work for creating our dwf's in Vault.

My next try was to create a custom property in Drawing utilities / Drawing Properties called "Original Vaulted Date" and inserting this in my title block using the "insert" then "field" commands.

I then mapped this property in Vault to the Vault "Original Create Date". The hope was that when I first check the drawing into Vault, it would populate this date field and the date would remain constant.

Message 7 of 9
spascual
in reply to: rhunter

DieselExpression

$(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.ItemData>%,1,12)

Message 8 of 9
rhunter

I have already had it confirmed by Autodesk that Diesel functions won't work with Trueview or Vault related DWF's using Design Review. Saying that I tried your suggested command and all I get is the default #####. I am a real novice where Diesel is concerned but here is the command that I had used previously. This command worked great in autocad but as previously mentioned not in trueview or DWF's created bt Vault.

$(upper,$(edtime, $(getvar,tdcreate),DD/MO/YYYY))

Message 9 of 9
spascual
in reply to: rhunter

Hi rhunter,

Thanks for your help,

What about if after that we convert in text the string, just equaling properties?

i'm going to try it.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report