Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Subscription Release Service Pack 1 Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tahdesign1
651 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Subscription Release Service Pack 1 Issues

So I am build a new 2014 Pro Vault install on a new server and have had issues right at the end of getting things patched up.

Basically it appears that the installation files I had for Sub Release SP1 were bad. So I downloaded fresh and tried gain,

Now I get the error that WSE 3.0 is required but that has already been installed. So I tried to repair the WSE install and still get the error. Next I uninstalled the WSE and reinstalled, still get the error.

This will be the second time I have build up this server to this point and gotten caught by this error. The last time the server installation itself got corrupted and we had to wipe it and start over. This time I am asking for some guidance in solving this so I do not have to rebuild from scratch.

I strictly followed all of the advanced installation guides for configuring Server 2012 and installing SQL 2012 STD before installing the Vault software. As with the first time I get through all the steps and run into this error. Just to be clear, the steps I went through in the following order:

1) Installed IIS on Windows Server 2012 per the Advanced Configuration Guide for Vault Server 2014

2) Installed SQL 2012 Std per the same guide

3) Installed Network License Manager per the 2014 Vault online installation help

4) Install 2014 Vault Server

5) Install 2014 Vault SP1

6) Install 2014 Vault Subscription Release

7) Install 2014 Vault Subscription Release SP1 - This is where the error is - right at the last step of my installs (see attached image)

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance so I don't blow the server up again.

I am thinking a repair to the Vault install before I attempt the SP again.

Or should I uninstall the Vaulkt all together and try again.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
samuel.seah
in reply to: tahdesign1

Hi, 

Please run command prompt in administrator mode and then apply the 2014 Vault Subscription Release SP1 through command prompt. That should resolve the WSE 3.0 error that you are seeing.

Regards,

Samuel

Message 3 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: samuel.seah

Samuel,

Thanks I will try that but before I do I had one more question.

When installing SR1 SP1 the first time it gets right to the end and then faults out. The statement was something like the installation files were bad.

So I then downloaded new files from the subscription site for SR1 SP1 and tried again. That is when I started seeing the WSE error.

So after I made this post yesterday, I went to the server to try a repair on the Vault install. I then went to look at the information about what level ADMS says it is at and it appears to be at Service Release 1 Update 1 (see Attached image).

Does this mean that the SR1 SP1 actually did get installed regardless of the errors?

Or should I still go do the command line install that you have suggested? 

Message 4 of 5
tahdesign1

OK so I went ahead and did the install of the service pack from the command prompt as suggested.

A couple of things to note:

1) In my previous post I included an image that showed ADMS said it was at Sub R1 Update 1 already but the SP install had never completed without error. After running the SP from the command line it did complete without any errors. And when checking ADMS for what level the install was at it reported exactly the same as it had. Makes me wonder if the orginal SP install, even though it showed an error right at the end, did not actually work the first time.

2) Just incase anyone else is looking at this thread and needs to run from the command prompt I wanted to point out the syntax required and the fact that you need to rename the msp file to have no spaces for it to work. Below is the syntax I used and what I renamed the msp file to for this:

msiexec.exe /p Autodesk_Vault_2014_Subscription_Release_1_Service_Pack_1_Server.msp

Message 5 of 5
samuel.seah

You can do a check if an entry for the SR1 SP1 exists in the "View installed updates" of the Windows Programs and Features. That is the best indication of whether the installation has been successful (regardless of the errors you have encountered) or not.

Checking the version in the about information may not be accurate since the rollback of files may be incomplete/failed after hitting a fatal error during the SP patching process.

Regards,

Samuel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report