Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault SQL Server install

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
s_hiebert
1070 Views, 8 Replies

Vault SQL Server install

I just installed Vault 2010, on win 2008 (64bit) server.  I am wanting to get to sql server 2008 (64bit) full on the server, but it doesn't look like it installed 2005 (64 bit) when I installed the vault (default).  How can I tell I got the 2005 64 bit version?  Can I upgrade to 2008 64bit after the default installation?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ihayesjr
in reply to: s_hiebert

The Vault Server only comes with SQL Express 32-bit versions.  To move to 64 bit, you will need to install it manually.  See the Advanced Configuration Guide for manual SQL installaiton procedures.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: ihayesjr

advanced config guide: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16853779&linkID=9261341

you pretty much have to uninstall the 32 bit of sql express and install the 64 bit version of sql

then read the above pdf on how to setup sql correctly for vault

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
s_hiebert
in reply to: DarrenP

OK..I can't seem to get the Vault installed after I pre-install SQL Server 2008 Standard.

My current server is a Win 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 Standard.  When I tried to install SQL Standard, it said that I had to install SQL Server SP1 after the install, so I did.

This is a fresh install of the vault and sql server.

Now, when I install the vault, I get an error "There is an old unused database and/or FileStore.  Please remove or delete these files"

I got this error when I originally tried to pre-install SQL Server 2008 R2.  Then I thought I saw that r2 was not supported. That's when I tred to install just 2008 Standard SQL with sp1.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 9
ihayesjr

Did you uninstall SQL Express prior to installing SQL Standard?

Did you name the SQL Standard instance "AutodeskVault" as it is outlined in the Advanced Configuration Guide?

Did you goto the SQL Express Data directory and delete the KnowledgeVaultMaster and Vault databases?

Did you goto the File Store path and delete the file store?

The error message is a link to its help which will instruct you how to get rid of the error.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
edancas

When you uninstall SQL Express will your database remain on the server so it can be imported into SQL Standard?

Message 7 of 9
ihayesjr

If you perform an automatic upgrade, SQL Standard will attach the databases.  If you have to uninstall and install SQL Standard, the databases will remain in the SQL Express Data folder.  You should move them to the SQL Standard Data folder and attach them using the ADMS Console.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
edancas

I was under the impression that I needed to uninstall SQL Express before loading the full version of SQL. Is there an document that describes the procedures for upgrading SQL then moving the database?

Message 9 of 9
ihayesjr

Please see Upgrade Autodesk Vault.

The easiest way is to perform a backup prior to uninstal and restore it after the upgrade.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report