Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Revision in ACAD T-Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
303 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Revision in ACAD T-Block

Is there any reason why, In ACAD 2013 (or any release), I cannot set a block attribute to a field that uses the File Property "Revision"?  This property gets set by Vault with our lifecycles, and I can see it update on the drawing.... but it is not available as a field when setting up title block attributes.  I use the Vault Rev table and that works just fine... but I want my revision in the titleblock as well....

any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner
Message 3 of 3
olearya
in reply to: cbenner

Hey Chris,

If you are able to map and update the property correctly to the ACAD file properties but cannot reference this into a block attribute this is likely an AutoCAD limitation - you may have to make enquiries on their DG.  Perhaps it is just the Revision property that is limited - you could test by mapping to another standard or custom file property in the DWG file.

For our part we can map most properties back to the AutoCAD file properties or directly to block attributes (You can write revision directly to an indexed block attribute).  So if all else fails you can simply map the same revision property directly to your titleblock.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report