Vault General

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 3 (146 Views)

Vault Revision in ACAD T-Block

146 Views, 2 Replies
10-09-2012 06:07 AM

Is there any reason why, In ACAD 2013 (or any release), I cannot set a block attribute to a field that uses the File Property "Revision"?  This property gets set by Vault with our lifecycles, and I can see it update on the drawing.... but it is not available as a field when setting up title block attributes.  I use the Vault Rev table and that works just fine... but I want my revision in the titleblock as well....

any thoughts?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Vault Revision in ACAD T-Block

10-09-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: cbenner

props3.JPG

This is what I want to add to a field in AutoCad... this revision is set from Vault during a lifecycle change.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Employee
olearya
Message 3 of 3 (128 Views)

Re: Vault Revision in ACAD T-Block

10-09-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: cbenner

Hey Chris,

If you are able to map and update the property correctly to the ACAD file properties but cannot reference this into a block attribute this is likely an AutoCAD limitation - you may have to make enquiries on their DG.  Perhaps it is just the Revision property that is limited - you could test by mapping to another standard or custom file property in the DWG file.

For our part we can map most properties back to the AutoCAD file properties or directly to block attributes (You can write revision directly to an indexed block attribute).  So if all else fails you can simply map the same revision property directly to your titleblock.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community