Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Revision Table

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cbenner
593 Views, 6 Replies

Vault Revision Table

Is anyone using the Vault Revision Table?  Vault Pro 2013 or anything close?  Have you gotten it to work?

I have tried it with the default settings, and with picking standard and/or custom properties.  Every time in Inventor that I place a Vault Rev table, it comes in with the settings of my custom "regular" revision table.  What do I do to get the Vault table to come in using the properties I set up for it IN VAULT?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mpendlebury
in reply to: cbenner

Think im making slow progress, havent gotten it to work but It's alot harder than it needs to be.

it's not like every single drawing needs to be issued for construction needs a titleblock and rev table, but using civil 3d i might be dreaming.

Message 4 of 7
yingkit(Autodesk)

Hi Chris,

I would like to recommend this article "Setting Up Vault Revision Tables" which also includes a video clip.

The Revision Table settings in Vault does not control the settings in the revision table that is placed in Inventor. Rather, we enter the exact words used in the drawings' revision table column for the Column Header value while configuring the Revision Table Settings.

--

Kit

Ying Kit
Message 5 of 7
alan_ho

Hi cbenner,

Ying-Kit is right, the Vault revision table does not control the styles of the Inventor drawing.

You would require to custom the Revision Table styles in the drawing templates within your workgroup.

I have just posted a link on how this can be done:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-revision-table-and-Autocad/m-p/3519888#M43147

Hope this helps.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: alan_ho

Message 7 of 7
CAD-One

Great tips. Useful information. Thanks
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report