Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Renumbering

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
391 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Renumbering

Is there a way to renumber a lot of AutoCAD files

From A0210001.dwg to A-021-0001.dwg

I want to keep the last 4 digits the same. I use to use a dos comand to be able to do this long ago.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Doug,

The best approach if you can is to select a common batch of file names to rename and use the "replace" option in the new file name field within this dialog.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

Do you mean,

Select some files and from the Edit Menu select Replace?

I tried that and since these are AutoCAD files there are no parent files related this would not work.

What I have been doing is using the rename wizard, change numbering scheme to None, add a Prefix "A-021-"

and apply that. Then I have to go into each file name and delete the first 4 digits of the old number.

I was hoping for something a bit more automatic.

Message 4 of 5
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Doug,

No - within the rename command you can right click on the "new name" column and select "replace" - this allows you to search on a text string and replace it with your new string.  The catch is you need to have a bunch of files that share the same string at the start of the existing file name and be careful it does not replace the string in a different area of the file name but I think you should be OK In this regard.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

That is exactly what I wanted. Thank you So much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report