Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Question - Attributes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
268 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Question - Attributes

So I have a question that i need help with. I found out how i can take a field from a title block and have it be a searchable field for said drawing but i want to take it a step further.

We make floor plans using cad, the items that we drop on the floor plan are blocks that have attributes. What i would like to do, if possible, is if i had a block named "Chair001" when i check it into the vault, i want the vault to be aware that there are 4 blocks named "chair001" thus i could see that i have 4 of those chairs on the floor plan from SQL.

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi There,

Unfortunately not - the reason titleblocks work so well is that there is usually just the one of them per drawing with unique and consistent attributes.  When you start dropping in multiple blocks with the same name we can start to have issues and we do not have a method to easily extract block counts unless you are using BOM structure.

To clarfy that last point, when integrating a product like AutoCAD mechanical that permits users to construct a BOM within the document we can extract that into Vault Professional.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

This is what we are considering. I propose that we build all of our products in Inventor and give them whatever BOM attibutes they need so i can get the quantities from Vault Pro. Is this something that i can achieve through using 3d blocks that come from inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report