Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Project File not found

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lancasterm
530 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Project File not found

Once in a while, when Inventor files are opened directly within vault, a vault message appears stated that its unable to Get/Checkout files and the reason is the project file does not exist or is invalid.   But the project file is there and it works fine if I select others to open directly from vault.  If your select the Close button on the message, the files still open in Inventor with no issues.   If you repeat the process again on the same files, the message does not appear.   This is random, happens every so often and its hard to reproduce.  Its annoying but just wondering if anybody has seen this before.

Vault Pro 2014 SP1 and Inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hi 

• Setting the Vault project file as the default ipj in Vault administration dialog box.  
  • In Inventor, go to application options and set the start up action to use a template, and that will allow you to set the ipj as the one inventor will always look to use.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mthomas

I feel your pain, we get this too at what seems like random times with random files, and it comes and goes. I've tried to find the pattern or commonality but haven't yet.

We use one "master" vault project and it is set to enforced as the project for all clients

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
jalanp1955

I have had two users in two days come to me with the same problem. On one station I uninstalled Vault client Pro and did a reinstall and the problem cleared up. I have not had time to do that on the second station. It took almost a year for this to show up. Our stations have the setting set as noted above. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report