Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2011-Folder Replication

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
varindersra
393 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Professional 2011-Folder Replication

Hi,

We are trying to test replication capabilities of vault and have some concerns.

1. The replication is always on. Even if I do not say replicate now it still replicates any chnages I make on the publisher to subscriber. Is it possible to turn off replication. The reason being if I am working on some files and until I make final changes to the file and they are approved. I am going to check files in and out several time with different changes. I donot want users (read only users) on the subscriber side to see all these changes. I just want them to see final version. Is it possibel to turn replication on and off.

2. Folder replication: I tried to use "Replicated folder option" to eliminate some of the folders from being replicated. But as soon as I start replication it replicates all the folders and its contents (newly created). Although it says in "file replication" property that file is not replicated. But users can still see it and view it whenever they want. Why is that.

I just want a solution to my first problem. Is it possible.

Thanks!

Varinder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
broepke
in reply to: varindersra

Instead of relying on replication which isn't really what it's intended for you could try leveraging lifecycle states.  You can very easily create a LC state as a "mine only" or "my location only" that would allow you to set permissions so they can't see it till it's passed that state.  This might be a better way to accomplish this.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 4
varindersra
in reply to: broepke

There is a problem with the lifecycle states. If I say that in "work in progress" state noboday on the subscriber side be able to see the file, then they won't be able to see the previous approved version as well (The file will completely disappears), which I don't want. I want them to be able to see the last approved version until the new version is approved.

So, you are saying that replication will always be on and synchronizing. There is no way to stop it except removing the network connection between publisher and subscriber.

Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: varindersra

You do not an any way for any reason want to stop the replication process from publisher to subscriber.  Because you have set the WIP state to not allow access to the file, users will not have access to any previous released version of the file also.

For those users that only need Read-only access to the Vault, you should have them use the web client and they will be able to see only the Released version of the files that they have access to through the security settings.  The web client needs to be configured to show only released files.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report