Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2014 locks incomplete files (silent associate to Released Item)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Maxim-CADman77
243 Views, 0 Replies

Vault Pro 2014 locks incomplete files (silent associate to Released Item)

Our users suffer considerable inconveniences because of Vault Pro ability of “silent” association of file to Item that is in Released state.

(of course issue occur on our own data but I'm going to use standard sample files to describe steps everyone could perform to reproduce the issue)

1. Use Vault Explorer "Create Item" command and change Number of new Item to "O-Ring".

2. Change initial revision's state of the Item to Released (in my case initial revision is "A").

3. Check-In "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Samples\models\Assemblies\Suspension\Components\Shock Cartridge.iam"

to Vault.

4. Assign Item to Shock Cartridge.iam with enabled "Auto-select first duplicate" option at Find Duplicate stage of Assign Item Wizard.

Witness O-Ring.ipt file is now locked for edit (due to being associated to released Item revision)*.

But what if user haven’t finished design of O-Ring.ipt file?

Other aspect of the issue worth paying attention:

"Revision" drop-down list at BOM tab of "O-Ring" Item shows:

- one "A" entry after step 2.

- two "A" entries after step 4.

(there is already Support Case# 09342550 regarding doubled revisions open - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Doubling-Item-BOM-revisions/m-p/4998470#M52423).

I don’t understand how the combination of mentioned options (system behaviour) is supposed to be used.

For me it seems like another software defect. Autodesk?

* Supposed “Apply Item security to related files” option is enabled at Vault settings > Items > Lifecycles > Security…

PS: We use most actual builds 2014 releases of Autodesk software:

- Vault Pro 2014, SR1, SP1.

- Inventor 2014, SP1, Update 3.

PPS: No suggestions to move to 2015, please.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report