Vault General

Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Vault Pro 2013 Client Deployment - Will not install

208 Views, 1 Replies
09-17-2012 06:48 AM

Has anybody seen where the Vault Pro 2013 Client Deployment will not install.  It starts, but just keeps saying setup initializing (over an 1 hour now).   I did not select the silent mode option when I created the deployment.  I can go to the same CAD workstation with the media and it installs fine.

Installation is occuring on a Win XP 64bit with service pack 2.

Just wondering if I will have to redo them (deployment 64B and 32B)?

Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: Vault Pro 2013 Client Deployment - Will not install

09-17-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: Lancasterm

Nevermind..  Discovered the problem...    The path name to the deployment exceeded 75 characters.  Once I changed the overall directory path the installation worked fine.

As a side note, our IT department had copied the deployment to a new server using the same share name on the new server.  However when I updated the deployment to remove the silent mode option, I was working on the original deployment and not the copied one.   Thus I was not able to see the message indicating I had exceeded the 75 characters.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community