Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Plot Manager Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wengerbryan
1747 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Plot Manager Issues

Is the Vault Plot Manager working OK for everyone else?  The main issue we have is that when plotting from the Vault our printers error.  They generate a message about mismatched paper and document size and you have to walk over to the printer and manually select the paper size to get it going.  This is a problem across printers, users, and office locations.  There is one printer we have found that Vault will print to without erroring but otherwise not.  Does anyone else see this?  Also, the Vault Plot Manager wants to plot drawing sheets that are marked as "Exclude from Printing" in Inventor.  Why?  We have to manually exclude these sheets in the plot manager dialog.  I'm looking forward to any help or input on these two issues.

Inventor 2012 SP2
Vault Collaboration 2013 SP1
Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3503 2.4GHz, AMD FirePro V4900
Windows 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wengerbryan
in reply to: wengerbryan

OK, so how do you all handle batch plotting?  Print directly from Inventor??  Third party software???  Don't use Vault Plot Manager????  Vault Plot Manager works perfectly?????

Inventor 2012 SP2
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
RobinDhondt

Is there anyone that solved this problem? I have exaclty the same problem ... when i use Plot manager to batch print drawings all printers don't know which paper to use.

Message 4 of 6
wengerbryan
in reply to: RobinDhondt

Here is the solution per Imaginit and also see attached document that we use in house: 

Subject: Vault Plot Tool Causing Printers to Error
The sheet size that you need that requires a specific tray is the key I think.

I have seen this same problem with AutoCAD. The root cause is the local printer driver that sends the plot data to the network printer at Your Printer is not sending the instruction to select the 11x17 tray.

In AutoCAD, the solution is to plot to a different printer driver that sends the correct instruction to the physical printer to select the 11x17 tray.

For Inventor and Vault, try installing an HP LaserJet 5si printer driver locally with its port set to Your Printer.

Your existing printer driver is not selecting the correct tray. From experience, we have found that the older LaserJet 5si driver that supports 11 x 17 sheets is able to send the tray selection instruction reliably when the default driver (often for a multifunction printer) cannot, for whatever reason.

The LaserJet 5si driver can be installed from Windows 7. See details for that from HP's web page here:

HP LaserJet 5si Printer series

Inventor 2012 SP2
Tags (2)
Message 5 of 6
RobinDhondt

Thanks a lot for the info!!

I tried it today and it worked out fine for 1 printer.

The other one was a A2 format printer and for this one I had to select a different HP driver.

Nevertheless I do think this is a big flaw on the plot manager...

Message 6 of 6
koen_vermeer

Hello,

maybe this helps. create a new printer with forced paper tray.  this works because vault doesn't support multi tray printers.

so if you have a printer with A4 and A3 tray . create 2 new printers with each a forced tray. if you sellect the new pritners with forced tray it schould work.

it worked for me.

cheers koen

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report