Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Operation Logging

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mwillia1
540 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Operation Logging

I found that you can track files deletes by adding the follwoing to the web.config.

<add name="LogFileDeletesBooleanSwitch" value="1"/>

Are there other switches for things like login, checkout, get, etc.?

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
paul.gunn
in reply to: mwillia1

Hi Matt,

You can effectively see logins via logged license activity (Vault Workgroup and higher). And of course checkouts can be searched for (checkout user name) - checkin and adds can be seen via file history.

However there are not really any analogous switches to the delete logging - I think delete was a special case since there is reallly no evidence in the vault after a delete to indicate who performed the operation (or even if it was performed).

Hope this helps,

Paul

Message 3 of 6
mwillia1
in reply to: paul.gunn

Thanks for the quick reply.  That answers my question.  I think we can find the information we need from the iislogs but I wanted to make sure there was not an out of the box way to do it first.  Monitoring file downloads is a security precaution that we wish to take.

Message 4 of 6
jparks_79
in reply to: mwillia1

Hi Matt,

I am interested in adding this switch to the web.config file. I am curious where the logging information is reported for the deletes? Is it in the standard ADMS log files?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 5 of 6
paul.gunn
in reply to: jparks_79

Hi Jeremy,

Yes - this information is in the standard server logs (vlog) .

Paul

Message 6 of 6
jparks_79
in reply to: jparks_79

Thanks Paul!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report