Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Office 2012 license timeout

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
roman.kovarik
912 Views, 9 Replies

Vault Office 2012 license timeout

Hi, is it possible to disconnect an user remotely in Vault Office 2012? Or is it possible to set up some timeout for inactive user(as timeout in Vault)? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
minkd
in reply to: roman.kovarik

I don't think I understand the question... the license timeout for Vault Office 2012 is the same as any other Vault client:  after 30 minutes of inactivity (from the server point of view), the license is considered inactive.  A background job on the server runs every 5 minutes and releases any licenses that have become inactive.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
roman.kovarik
in reply to: minkd

Thank you for reply

This is a point of my question. Thaks

BUT I do tried tested this time-out on my notebook, but it doesn´t works.

In attachment you find my screen shoot

I opened Vault Client at 8:39 AM and after for safe, minimize Vault Explorer to Windows Start line.

I did nothing working on my notebook and Vault Client and now is 10:40 AM and Vault Licence is allways blocked for me.

I do something wrong? 🙂

Thanks for reply

Message 4 of 10
minkd

The client has to be inactive from a server point of view in order for the license to be released. Since the server has no way to tell if a client is iconified or anything like that, it assumes a client is active if it is receiving calls from it.

I can see by your screen shot that you are refering to Vault Professional 2012. The Vault Professional client continually polls the server to look for updates that for your Change Order Worklist.  Those notications appear as "toasts" off the system tray.  If you are not using Change Orders, you can turn them off from the "Change Orders" tab under Tools >> Administration >> Vault Settings.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
chong.wt

Hi Dave,

We are also facing the similar floating license issue.

We are using Vault Pro and we need to use change order...

Is that anything that the server can do reclaim the license if it is inactive for a period of time?

I've tried the FLEXnet timeout option but it seem not working...

how can we disable vault client from communicating with the server to update the change Order worklist and its notification? Can we?

Thanks

BR

Chong

Message 6 of 10
minkd
in reply to: chong.wt

I don't know of any way to do that short of logging out of the client.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
jcorson8499

Dave - can you assist me with this? inside the Vault Settings i cannot find where to turn this off.

Thank you ahead of time!

Message 8 of 10
minkd
in reply to: jcorson8499

In Vault Explorer, go to Tools / Administration / Vault Settings; on the Change Orders tab is a button to set the client visibility of Change Orders features.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
jcorson8499

please see pic attached, so i change both of them to NO and remove user override? will this affect anything with items? some of our users still have items attached to files. we are not creating any new items, and we are slowly removing all item we currently have.

Yet again, thank you ahead of time.

Message 10 of 10
minkd
in reply to: jcorson8499

It looks like turning off Change Orders also turns off Items. I'm not sure why it was done that way.

By "turns off", I mean it makes their UI disappear, but everything else about them remains.

Since the polling for Change Order "toasts" (the temporary pop-up messages that occur in the task bar) is a UI thing - it will stop happening, allowing the license to expire.

However, any restrictions placed on Files by Items and/or Change Orders will remain even if the UI is turned off.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report