Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Manufacturing 2010 mapping properties

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrettCaldeira
305 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Manufacturing 2010 mapping properties

Hi There

We are still running vault 2010, and will not be upgrading to 2011 for a little while as we are in the middle of a very large project, as much as I would like to upgrade.

I have a good couple of files within vault which do not have properties, files like NWD, BMP, JPG, TIFF, and various other file types. Some of the file types do not have iFilters available, and some of them also do not have property options. I have created a User Defined property to put in some meta daa on these files, but would like to map this property to my main title property which all other file types are using, DWG, IAM, IPT , IDW, PDF, DOC/X, XLS/X. When I go to mapping for my title unfortunalty no user defined properties are avalabe for mapping, and I cannot map my title information to my user defiened property, because as soon as I do that I can no longer edit that property.

I know that this is solved in 2011, and wish I could go up to 2011, but its not going to happen here for a while. Has anybody found a way around this?

Best Regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jackywen
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Hello,

There are two properties shipped by default for a new vault. Once is called Title which is an user defined property, and the other is called Title(*) which is a file property. Is there any chance you were trying to map your title UDP to the default Title UDP? If yes, I am sorry to say that UDP can't be mapped to each other, and you should map your udp to the file property Title(*).

Regards,

Jacky

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report