Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Evaluation questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pdnm1
136 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Evaluation questions

I'm looking into the use of Vault here.
I need to verify if it's something we should use or not.
I need to "test" it locally and would like to know where I can get all the info I can as to how to set it up for our needs and how it will effect what I'm working on.

Can I load it locally and NOT have it effect any actual production databases?

What or where is the best resource to learn the basics of this and see if we can/should use it?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pdnm1
in reply to: pdnm1

Oh and BTW - We are using IV8, which version of Vault should I load (if that matters)?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you are on subscription then you can install Vault3 server from the IV9 disks and download the IV8 Vault3 client from here http://tinyurl.com/4rd2b Vault3 gives you file rename, while maintaining the proper file relationships within Inventor. -- Cheers, Rob Singlehurst Quadro4 750XGL 44.03 Athlon XP 2600+ 1G RAM Windows 2000 SP4 IV9 SP2 "pdnm1" wrote in message news:27448126.1106173513224.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Oh and BTW - We are using IV8, which version of Vault should I load (if that matters)?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Greetings, When running a pilot of Autodesk Vault, there are some things to keep in mind. First, since your machine will act as both server and client (the two components of the install), you may see a reduced performance on your box as the service needs to run along with Inventor. You will need to install IIS before installing the server portion. This is typically not installed on an end user workstation. You may have other machines in your group log into Vault providing your machine is configured properly. When you decide to go live with Vault, you can move the entire pilot database to a dedicated server.Also consider using the Single Project method, especially in pilot. This will ease the learning curve and is the best way to move forward with Vault. I suggest using a copy of production data. This way, you do not hinder the flow while in the learning or pilot stage. You will not affect actual production databases this way. The Managing your data .pdf that installs with Vault is a good place to start. This lays out the concept of Vault. Other resources include a variety of white papers published on Vault that can be found in Inventor Customer Files. Go to sdotson.com under Forums, Inventor discussion, Autodesk University Handouts. There you'll find my paper from AU - CAD Manager's Guide to Vault. This includes several embedded white papers along with minimal install guide of IIS (mentioned above). There is a published book AOTC Vault 3 Essentials that I can vouch for. You may find it on Autodesk's estore. And finally, watch and search this newsgroup. Lots of good questions posted here. BTW, whileIV8 will work with Vault 3 (follow Rob's url post) the rename does not work with Inventor 8. Hope this helps. -- Brian Schanen Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Implementation Certifed Expert MasterGraphics brian.schanen@masterg.com "pdnm1" wrote in message news:27448126.1106173513224.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Oh and BTW - We are using IV8, which version of Vault should I load (if that matters)?
Message 5 of 5
WHW111

PDNM1-

Many thanks, we also are asking many of the same questions.

Krisaul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report