Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Error 29001 is back. I could use some suggestions

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
punisher
3160 Views, 27 Replies

Vault Error 29001 is back. I could use some suggestions

I had a perfectly wonderful Vault Pro 2013 server install. I uninstalled and returned to 2012 (please don't ask, the pain is too great at this point)

IIS configuration set to ASP 4.0

2012 would not install properly (29001 error code Connectivity)

We decided to go back to 2013.

Uninstall all SQL.

Installed fresh 2008 R2 Express

Vault install failure

Install 2008 R2 SP1

Vault Install Failure

Put IIS config back to ASP 2.0 (cracking the Vault suggestion)

Vault Install Failure

Put IIS config back to ASP 4.0 (cracking the Vault suggestion)

reinstall and register .NET 4.0 (Discussion suggestion)

Vault Install Failure

I could use some good suggestions here. The log show the failure at the Language section, and the error is the 29001 cannot load 'Connectivity.Content'

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: punisher

Do you still want to go back to 2012 or are you planning on moving to 2013?  In essence, I am trying to figure out which installer that you want to work since both have subtle differences.  Whichever install you are using, I am making the assumption that it is making it beyond the Pre-Checks.  Is it possible to get more of the text around the install issue from the log file?  I know there usually isn't much there but it could help with suggestions.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 28
punisher
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Pre checks all good. Install gets 10 minutes out and bails.

2013 is the target, but there was a suggestion that we kill a perfectly good install of 2013 server and retrograde to get some old data, and then migrate forward.

What I need to do is get to work. So I need 2013 back.  I'm thinking about scrapping it all again, and installing from  from the install. I didn't have any problem before.

Local server - 2013 Pro - 64 bit Win 7

Here is some of the log file:

2012/9/20:13:25:36 JEvans JOHN-EVANS === Setup started on JOHN-EVANS by JEvans ===
2012/9/20:13:25:36 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Launch
2012/9/20:13:25:40 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen InstallDotNetDialog
2012/9/20:13:25:40 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen LaunchDialog
2012/9/20:13:26:22 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen LicenseDialog
2012/9/20:13:26:25 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen ProductInfoDialog
2012/9/20:13:27:02 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2
2012/9/20:13:27:11 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen FullProgressDialog
2012/9/20:13:27:11 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Installing ADMS System Check: F:\Adsk_Vault_P_Server_2013_64bit\x86\en-us\edmprechecks\edmwrapper_win32.exe /qw /prechecks /c "COMMAND_GROUP=Precheck SQLPASSWORD="AutodeskVault@26200" DATADIR="" IISPORTNUMBER="80" IISWEBSITENAME="Default Web Site" ISUPGRADE="FALSE" UILANGFOLDER="C:\Users\JEVANS~1.GCT\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIBA3B.tmp\en-us""
2012/9/20:13:27:38 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Install ADMS System Check Succeeded
2012/9/20:13:27:39 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Installing Autodesk® Vault Professional 2013 (Server): TRANSFORMS="F:\Adsk_Vault_P_Server_2013_64bit\x64\en-us\ADMSProfessional\Pro_Server.mst;C:\Users\JEVANS~1.GCT\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIBA3B.tmp\x64\ADMSProfessional\Pro_Server-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="F:\Adsk_Vault_P_Server_2013_64bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2012/9/20:13:29:53 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Install Autodesk® Vault Professional 2013 (Server) Succeeded
2012/9/20:13:29:54 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Installing Autodesk® Vault Professional 2013 (Server) Language Pack: TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\JEVANS~1.GCT\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIBA3B.tmp\_laABBE.tmp.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="F:\Adsk_Vault_P_Server_2013_64bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2012/9/20:13:30:29 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Install Autodesk® Vault Professional 2013 (Server) Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2012/9/20:13:31:30 JEvans JOHN-EVANS Rollback Autodesk® Vault Professional 2013 (Server) Succeeded
2012/9/20:13:31:33 JEvans JOHN-EVANS PageOpen InstallCompleteDialog
2012/9/20:13:56:39 JEvans JOHN-EVANS === Setup ended ===

Hope this helps.

John Evans

Message 4 of 28
punisher

One thing to mention. I did leave SQL 3.5 Express on there because it seemed to house my desktop content center stuff for Inventor.  Should I klill that too?

John Evans

Message 5 of 28
punisher

I have done everything I can think of, including the .NET cleanup, SQL kill all, and VC uninstall. Everything goes well until Vault language packs install. Fail every time.

Anyone else?

John Evans

Message 6 of 28
JamesMcMullen

John,

Are you running the install from a local directory (something outside the DVD rom)?  I am thinking that you might be hitting a long install path issue.  Is it possible to rename the folder to something smaller?  I do agree that your last step blowing everything away should have cleared things up.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 28
punisher

Great point. Let me try that....

John Evans

Message 8 of 28
Vlad.Makarov

Go to IIS, Application Pools, DefaultAppPool, Advanced Settings.

You will see "Enable 32-Bit Application" make sure this is set to True.

punisher

I will do that, but the cracking the vault article recently pointed out that this should be set to false.

I have 64 bit OS and 64 bit SQL 2008 R2 Express install

BTW, the long file name thing did not help. Thanks anyhow fellas.

I completely wiped all C++, sql instances, erased any SQL folders, did the .NET cleanup

Rebooted, and started install.

Ended up with exact same error.

John Evans

Message 10 of 28
punisher
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

Ok, so I forced the install down after the vault was installed during the install process.

I can get into adms, add vaults, etc.

What I cannot do is start the vault server agent service.

They fail with the same IIS problem, Connectivity,content wont load

Anyone know how to get past this?

John Evans

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 28
Vlad.Makarov

Can you post a screenshot of your IIS default app pool advanced settings? I will compared them to my current settings & report back.

punisher

Attached are the advanced settings for both the default pool and the AutodeskAppPL, created using the Advanced configuration guide.

John Evans

Message 13 of 28
JamesMcMullen

I am unsure if this would cause what you are seeing or not but we have "False" for "Load User Profile" on our server.  I am going to have to talk to someone on what could block the Connectivity.Content.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 14 of 28
punisher

please do and get back to me. This level of detail is beyond my pay grade.

If I can squeeze it in, I'll try to install with the setting changed, but I hope to hear from you first 🙂

Thanks

John Evans

Message 15 of 28
JamesMcMullen

Based on some feedback, a couple questions arose.  What bitness is IIS running?  I noticed earlier you mentioned that you are using a 64-bit environment and SQL.  If you go into Task Manager, look at the w3wp.exe.  Is it just that or does it say w3wp.exe*32?  Most of the feedback was around 'Temporary ASP.NET Files'.  Is it possible to get the permissions of the Temporary ASP.NET Files directory? 

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 28
punisher

w3wp.exe *32

Domain\Machine\Administrator's group have all rights except 'special permissions';

Trusted Installer has 'list contents' and 'Special permission' ;

Domain\Machine\IIS_IUSERS group have 'Read and execute', 'List contents', and 'Read' over the following:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

Woulld clearing out these folders possibly make a difference? I was noting some references to using IISRESET and deleting everything.

John Evans

Message 17 of 28
Vlad.Makarov

John,

Attached are my settings used to succesfully install Vault 2012 Pro recently.

Windows 7x64, SQL Express 2008 (instance installed using installer).

For what it's worth, I have experienced error 29001 with every install done on 7x64.

The only way I was able successfully install was to set .NET Framework to 2 & enable 32 bit applications to True.

punisher

Thanks,

Yeah, those are the default settings which mine are with the exception of the asp 4.0.

I've tried the big stuff repeatedly in various combinations. Totally frustrating.

I'm hoping someone comes up with something slick.

I'm holding out on the reinstall. I have already forced ADMS up from a wounded install twice. A reinstall will undo any good that I have accomplished. If we can't get the server agent going, then I will clear the .NET temp, adn try an install one last tiime.

After that it's a new OS, which will really put me in a bind.

Thanks to everyone who is helping !! Looking forward to whatever anyone has.

John Evans

Message 19 of 28
Vlad.Makarov

@Punisher wrote:

I have already forced ADMS up from a wounded install twice.

A wounded install? How are you forcing it to install? Can you make a virtual machine for testing?

Did you install in the beginning using .NET set to v2 & 32bit set to True? Did you go back to v2013 or are you using v2012?

punisher

Install - as I said previously (but might not have been in this thread), I allowed the install to stop on the error which was AFTER the ADMS console was installed. If I hit ok, it would uninstall everything. I forced it down (task manager), added any missing files that were detected from the CD, and the ADMS was up. From there I can create a vault, attach, etc.

What I couldn't do was anything to do with the server agent service, which included all local host communication. This includes client server interaction, as well as the administration in ADMS.

So I egan setting up the server manually per the Advanced configuration guide:

Create a new Application pool in IIS

Add the agent service, and launch it. (which started and stopped instantly.

That is where we are. querying the IIS brings the connectivity.content error back. This seems to be the constant in the install and the server failure.

I'd be thrilled to install it properly, but after 30 tries in every possible cracking the vault and discussion group recommendation, this is as far as I have made it yet.

John Evans

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report