Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Coulmns arent same

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CAD-One
378 Views, 6 Replies

Vault Coulmns arent same

Logged as an admin, I have editted the fields of AVult Revision table.

Tools->Administration->VaultSettings->Behaviour->Vault Revision Table

Modified the fields as needed. My columns are Rev,Description,Date,Engineer,Checked By

But when users, insert a Vault table, the colums are different. They are Zone, Rev,Description,Date,Approved.

Notice that the columns are totally different. Why? Where am I goining wrong.

While we are on the topic, How can I get rid of the Reveion table Title text "Revision"

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan_ho
in reply to: CAD-One

Hi C1,

The columns order within the Vault Revision Table settings dialog do not impact the layout of the revision table in your drawing in any way. Rather it is a mechanism primarily used for setting up mappings and rules between Vault properties and the columnar information in your drawings.

The layout of the revision table for your drawings are controlled by the Inventor styles defined your drawing (whereby you can make your alteration on the order, widths, etc) However do note that by defining the styles in this drawing, it only affects that particular drawing alone and not any other drawings. My suggestion is that you save your customization in a template and deploy that to all your users so that the content types, layout and size of the revision table looks the same for everyone else on new drawing creation.

Lastly, I don't really understand getting rid of the 'Revision' text.

Do you mean getting rid of the default 'Revision' property mapping to REV (within the Vault Revision Table settings dialog)?

If this is what you meant, then you can't really get rid of it because the Vault Revision Table requires the revision property to know how many revisions there are in the vault. It is a mandantory property and must be mapped to at least one column header. You will also need to have the same column header name in the drawing to have it working.

Let me know if this works for you.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: alan_ho

Alan,

That clears and makes good sense.

1. Does this mean that Vault Revision Table Setting dialog can have "as many as" property fileds added and used to map properties between .idw & .ipt.

2. Though we have added several fileds in Step.1. Can we use only FEW of the above fields to use/create a new REV table style??

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 7
alan_ho

Yes, you can have many property mappings added and have only a few used in your drawings revision table style.

One of the main reasons this was allowed is for organizations with various languages and/or employ templates with different column header requirements.

In a multi-language organization with the same server, you can setup multiple column headers in different to a single property field, i.e.

REV -> Revision

修订 -> Revision

ИЗМ -> Revision

Thus, when your drawing has either one of the column header above, this feature will automatically understand the mapping and update the Vault revision table as required.

In the same concept, you can have varying Revision Table templates for different type of drawings, i.e. 3 columns for size A drawings and 5 columns for 11"x17" drawings, or maybe different column headers setup for assembly drawings versus a manufactured drawings.

Alan Ho
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
CAD-One

I will try this. Alan - I must tell you, You are such a great support. Thanks.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 6 of 7
CAD-One

Alan,

I am extremely sorry to bring this up again.  This time I will like to ask one step at a time 🙂

I am having trouble with trying out your suggestion. Here is a basic question. I need a revision table on my drawing.

Which one of the following method should I follow while in a already vaulted IDW drawing.

1. Should I use Annotation>VAULT REVISION TABLE

or

2. Should I use Annotation>REVISION TABLE

Thanks

C1

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 7 of 7
alan_ho

Hello C1,

My apologies for I just saw this post after such a long time.

I would recommend using Annotation>VAULT REVISION TABLE.

Alan Ho
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report