Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Copy Design and Invalid Directory

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
kesseltine
435 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Copy Design and Invalid Directory

When trying to do a copy design on a file I get the message invalid directory, I have checked the file structure of the assembly that I am trying to copy and all appears to be in order, I have checked the file out and back in and checked for unresolved links and they all appear to be fine , teh only thing I notice that is different on the file I am copying the design on the default directory comes up incorrect , it comes up not in the directory that the file resides in I have to re-direct or Browse it to go to the right folders , this is just my guess but I suspect that at one point this file resided in the wrong directory and it has been moved into the correct directory now , but it still has the old directory structure held to it somehowUsing Vault Pro 2014 with Inventor 2014 and I am the admin

K. Esseltine

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: kesseltine

Do you have enforced working folders?

If you check out the entire dataset, then hit Rebuild All on the top level assembly. Then click on the Application button (Top Left, the 'I' button), click on the fly out nest to save and select Save All. That will force every single file in the dataset to be saved.

You could also go to the Parts Only tab of the BOM and add a new custom iProp column... called it Delete or something, then force a value into each file. Do the same for the sub assy's on the structured tab. Then Save

Check back in & try again.

Have you tried moving the file back to the incorrect directory to see if you can then copy design?

Clean out the %TEMP% directory as well before you do it. Also see if there is anything in the C:/TEMP directory, which is the folder Vault using for rename & copy design etc.. look at cleaning that out as well. The status dialogue you have in that screen shot is currently copying files to that directory.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report