Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Client Performance (SLOW) - 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
administrator
1204 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Client Performance (SLOW) - 2013

I recently upgraded my vault to 2013 and at the same time decided to upgrade my server. I have windows server 2008 r2 64 bit with dual xeon e5 processors and 32 gb of ram. I also have 10k rpm drives in a raid 1/ raid 5 config with over 500 GB on C and 1 TB on my data store. I have a 10GB SFP+ fiber nic attached to a Dell Fiber port all running at 10 Gbps.

With everything being top notch and my workstations having solid state drives, windows 7 64-bit, and 8GB of RAM and everyone is connect at 1 Gbps, I do not for the life of me understand why when I go to "get" something from the vault my users experience "Please wait for the grid to populate" message for 30 or more seconds before being able to move forward and download things from the vault. Once they get past the grid populating, the files download at lightning speed.

This "populating the grid" is especially slow for my users that are using the VPN to access the vault from a remote location. They sometimes have to wait 5 - 15 minutes to get the grid to populate.

I did read somewhere about Vault having issues when SQL allows too much memory, so i limited SQLs usage to 8GB of RAM. This did not help my situation.

Oddly enough, when i was back on 2012 with a much older server vault was faster when populating.

I have another application that uses the same server and every single thing i run on the server is extremely fast, both remotely and locally.

One last thing I have noticed is that ADMS is also slow on this server. When it loads it takes almost a full minute to open the program.

Can anyone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: administrator

Hi,

Are you using basic vault (not workgroup or higher)? If so, there is a hotfix related to slow grid population:

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/09/performance-issues-with-vault-basic-201...

Paul

Message 3 of 4

Well that fixed it. Thank you very much.

Any thoughts on why ADMS would be slow to load on the server side?

Message 4 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: administrator

Hi,

Glad to hear the hotfix addressed your client problem. Not sure what might cause ADMS console to load slowly. There are a number of statistics that gathered - e.g. average number of files, etc. Possibly this could be slowed if database indexes are fragmented (you can see if defrag is recommended by looking the the report on the vault node.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report