Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Checked Date & Released Date Property Mapping with Inventor iproperties

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
darun
1553 Views, 10 Replies

Vault Checked Date & Released Date Property Mapping with Inventor iproperties

Hi Could anyone help me to map Vault Professional 2014 properties (Checked Date & Released Date) which is changed through Lifecycle to be mapped with Inventor Checked Date & Eng. Approved Date in Inventor iproperties. I beleive we can map "initial Released date" property of Vault with Inventor. But the problem is this date will not be updated with mutiple Lifecycle runs. Kindly help me out to find a solution to map these properties.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ryan
in reply to: darun

This is one of my gripes about the file release workflow in Vault Pro.  Despite all it's flexibility there is no automated way to map the approver and release date to file properties outside of the initial release.   If the properties "Initial Approver" and "Initial Release Date" existed less the "Initial" component, we'd be laughing!  I'm not sure why the functionality was only implemented to track this based on Initial release only 😞

I've looked at this problem from all angles and I've found that the best way to handle this aside from customization is to create UDP's (e.g. Released by and Released date) which are assigned to the Category that the Inventor files belong to and mapped to the Inventor iProperties of your choosing.   Then, prior to the user moving the file to released state, they edit these properties with the appropriate values. 

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 11
darun
in reply to: ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your Prompt reply. Yes we will try to Develop a new UDP for this Case. Thanks for your Assistance.

Message 4 of 11
dominik.gleinser
in reply to: darun

Hi,

Are there any news regarding this conversation?

Also see other articles in the Vault idea station: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/freigabedatum-property-erstveroffentlicht-immer-von-der/i...

Thanks

Best regards

Dominik

Message 5 of 11

Hi All,

Is there any way to do this property mapping. Recently we purchased Vault and looking for Work In Progress, Review and Released By mapping to .IDW file.

Message 6 of 11
CGBenner
in reply to: dharma_pradeep

@dharma_pradeep 

Hi,  Are you using Vault Professional?  And if yes, are you tracking life cycle changes on files or Items?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 11
dharma_pradeep
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
Yes we are using Vault Professional and have track with life cycle. Is there any option available to capture the different states.
##- Please type your reply above this line ##
Message 8 of 11
CGBenner

@dharma_pradeep 

This would need to be done with User Defined Properties (UDPs) placed on the files, and mapped to the Inventor iProperties.  The values would need to be edited by the users as the life cycle is changed.  One way to do this might be through the Vault ECO process, but I'm not aware of any way to automate the process from any existing properties.

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 9 of 11
dharma_pradeep

Hi 

Thank you. As of now we are using UDP to get the date from Inventor, but i need to get it from Vault State change.

Message 10 of 11
CGBenner

@dharma_pradeep 

There is no way to automatically get these from a state change, as user defined properties, the values need to be manually edited by the user.  

Chris Benner

Message 11 of 11
CGBenner

@dharma_pradeep 

Hello, I just found out about this idea in the Idea Station, which (if implemented someday) might help with your situation.  I recommend that you visit the site, cast your vote and maybe add some comments about how this would help you in the future.  Thank you!

Chris Benner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums