Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault / Buzzsaw Project Sync

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bpettus
330 Views, 2 Replies

Vault / Buzzsaw Project Sync

We use the Project Sync quite frequently and for the most part it is a very capable utility.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how to monitor the sync process a little more closely.

Through observation and reviewing the Buzzsaw Activity log, one can deduce what types of files cause

problems -namely those that are checked out and those larger than 250MB in our experience.

We have ours set to Sync continuously and it seems to trigger on file activity while remaining Idle otherwise- which is nice.

This part probably goes in the wish list, but it would be very helpful if the user could see file-by-file feeback

in the Job Processor for Sync jobs much like what happens when you 'Send to Buzzsaw' a specific folder or set of files. 

A progress bar of some sort would be helpful in this case; when syncing a large segment of Vault, the user really only sees the start

time of the job and an Idle state when finished.   While you can refresh the Buzzsaw Activity log, seeing file-by-file status would

help pinpoint the cause of hangs or version-up loops.  

A common occurence for us is:   Consultant updates a file in Buzzsaw

Several hours later the Sync to Vault has not occurred 

Job Processor is reset

Sync Job is Paused and restarted

Files are then synced within minutes.

I think we just wish there was a way to ensure that the Sync either succeeds or notifies in the case of a failure.  Maybe even a way to notify the recipient as Buzzsaw does through email alert.

I'd be happy to hear of how others are implementing the Sync features to collaborate.  It is a great solution for companies who need their consultants to have Vault access without the hassle of VPN login and maintaining the Vault client at non-Vault establishments.

thanks,

Blake

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bpettus
in reply to: bpettus

Previously we had synced an upper level folder containing several projects passed to consultants in Buzzsaw. We were quite delighted
with Vault 2015 that a per folder sync is now possible. However, when Adding Mapping with the Project Sync utility and choosing Buzzsaw folder
it takes about a few minutes to initially display the Buzzsaw folder list. Is there a way to improve performance on this or have you noticed similar issues?

thanks,

Blake
Message 3 of 3
bpettus
in reply to: bpettus

I guess what I am looking for, is there a config file associated with Project Sync that I can edit to add multiple projects without using the Project Sync interface?

thanks,

Blake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report