Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic Add-in versions compatibility with vault versions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hwood818
584 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Basic Add-in versions compatibility with vault versions

Will the vault basic add-ins work with a higher and/or lower version of vault?  For instance, if I am currently running Autocad 2013 and Vault Basic 2013, can I upgrade the vault to Basic 2015 and still use the vault ribbon add-in in my autocad 2013?  how many versions can we go higher and lower with the vault before the add-ins need to be upgraded?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
samuel.seah
in reply to: hwood818

The Vault Add-ins will only work with equal or up to 2 higher versions of Vault Servers. So yes the 2013 Vault Add-In for AutoCAD 2013 will work with Vault Basic 2015 Server, but do note there may be new features that will not be available for use.

-Samuel

Message 3 of 3
hwood818
in reply to: samuel.seah

Thank you for your reply, although I'm still trying to understand how a vault upgrade is going to work in our system.  Everyone needs to be functional during the upgrade.  So do we upgrade the vault server first?  And if we upgrade the server to 15, can the users running 13 still see the vault 15 server until we can get the users upgraded?  If I waited a few months I could upgrade the server to 16, but what would that do to the users running 13?

Or if we upgrade the users first to 15 can they see the server on 13?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report