Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic 2013 over VPN crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrewspence
533 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Basic 2013 over VPN crashes

I am running Inventor Pro 2013 with Vault Basic 2013.  When connected at my office, Vault Explorer opens and works fine.  As soon as I am remote, and establish a VPN connection to my office, Vault Explorer will try and open (logs in) and then crashes.  I have applied all the service packs and hotfixes.  Also, there was another post about a very similar problem that was solved by changing IP addresses - this did not work for me.

It is important to note, that I am connected to Vault - I can check files in and out through Inventor.  However I simply cannot open Vault explorer.  It's not quite a normal crash.  The program initially opens with the login screen (vault-during-open.jpg), but as soon as the login is complete, I get the Autodesk error report dialog (vault-during-crash.jpg).  However, after I submit the error report, Vault stays open, and shows a connection in the lower right corner, but is not functional (vault-after-crash.jpg).

Any help?

Inventor 2013, 64-Bit
Dell Precision M6700
Windows 7 Pro
Intel Core i7-3820QM @ 2.70 GHz
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro K4000M
Space Navigator
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: andrewspence

Hi Andrew,
When you submit the CER, do you supply an email address, or do you have the CER number perhaps so it can be reviewed?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
andrewspence
in reply to: r.smith1

Yes I do submit an email address - everytime.

I should note that this happens occasionally when not over VPN. It happened this morning CER_98653988.

Inventor 2013, 64-Bit
Dell Precision M6700
Windows 7 Pro
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro K4000M
Space Navigator
Message 4 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: andrewspence

Andrew,
Does this error happen to everyone or just you? Can you reproduce the problem if someone else logs into your computer, or you login to someone else's computer?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
andrewspence
in reply to: r.smith1

Ron - 

It's just me - just my workstation.  I've had other people log in with their profile on my machine and cannot duplicate.  I have logged in on other's machines with my profile and cannot duplicate.  I had IT create a new profile for me, when I tried that it crashed the first time.  I did a clean uninstall/reinstall of Vault Basic and the problem persists.

Like the beginning post stated, it started out only when over a VPN connection.  Then it started happening when at the office as well.  Hywell was working on it for a while, and narrowed it down to the xml exchange between my laptop and the server - specifically the return of xml to my laptop, but nothing was ever solved.

Inventor 2013, 64-Bit
Dell Precision M6700
Windows 7 Pro
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro K4000M
Space Navigator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report