Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Thin (Web) Client - ADR Markup Ribbon Toolbar Still Goes Missing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mdurst
1177 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2015 Thin (Web) Client - ADR Markup Ribbon Toolbar Still Goes Missing

I was excited to see that the DWF viewer changed in the 2015 Vault Thin Client compared to what was released in the 2014 Subscription Bonus Pack 1 to a Full Screen viewer that goes to a new tab (simulates behavior from RTM Web Client in 2014 and prior).  However, I was disappointed to see that the Autodesk Design Review Ribbon Bar still goes missing if you close the tab for the viewer and go back into the DWF viewer which replicates behavior in the past.

I know the workaround is to either close the browser completely or RMB and open in Design Review or just use a different browser entirely which is easier said than done for most companies.  Just thought I would mention this again.

Tested with Vault Professional 2015, Windows Server 2012 R2 and IE 11.

4-25-2014 2-16-45 PM.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
zongjie.ng
in reply to: mdurst

Hi mdurst,

I got kind of confused by you when you say that the ADR ribbon bar going missing when closing the tab for the viewer.

Could you clarify for me?

We navigate to Thin Client using browser, and lets say we are in Tab A.

So when we go to the file with visualization file, we click on the magnifying glass icon to request for viewing of the visualization file which pops up in a new tab, we call this Tab B.

The ADR ribbon bar you are referring to, is it from the Tab B? and when you say closing the tab for the viewer, the tab are you referring to Tab A or Tab B?

Message 3 of 11
mdurst
in reply to: zongjie.ng

If you look at my screenshot I posted you can see that there is a 2nd tab open (what you are referring to as Tab B) and this is where the Design Review Ribbon goes missing.  In my screenshot you can see where there should be tools for markups, etc...

The issue occurs when you preview a file and then close "Tab B" and then try to preview it again by opening another "Tab B".  I can provide a video if you still need clarification.

Message 4 of 11
jsmith923

Has anyone found a resolve for this issue??

This is a real issue with IE 10/11.  You can open up a DWF from the thin client once per session of IE and the new opened tab will show the Ribbon correctly (others in my company will need the ribbon to print from inside the browser) [example 1].  As soon as you try viewing another DWF from the thin client, the next tab that opens up does not have the Ribbon portion on it [Example 2].

Example 1

Capture.PNG

Example 2

Capture1.PNG

The only way I've been able to bypass this is:

1. Start a new session of IE (unacceptable).
  2. Open directly in Design Review (unacceptable as not everyone has Design Review installed on their machine).
  3. Leave the first tab open or drag the first tab into its own window (must leave open), then it seems when I view another DWF, the newly opened tabs show the ribbon correctly, but what a pain to remember to leave your first tab open or to drag the first tab into its own window and leave open.
Message 5 of 11
Are_42
in reply to: jsmith923

Hi,

I have the same issue. Have anyone found a resolution to this?

Message 6 of 11
zongjie.ng

Hi Smith,

Thank you for the steps to reproduce, I will attempt to look into this issue again. Will try to get back to you guys asap on this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Message 7 of 11
zongjie.ng

Hi all,

I am able to reproduce the issue and will look for the team handling ADR to work on this. Meanwhile, other than those workarounds provided by Smith, you can actually do a right click on the model and you will get some options including the print option which I hope will help to resolve Smith's need to perform printing using the browser directly without having to open up the DWF using ADR.

Once again thank you for your patience and I hope to update you asap on this issue.

Best Regards,

Zongjie Ng

Message 8 of 11
justinpcaris
in reply to: zongjie.ng

Has there been any update with this issue?

Message 9 of 11
awatt
in reply to: justinpcaris

I too would like to se a better resolution for this matter.

Message 10 of 11
bill.perry
in reply to: awatt

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a fix. We have tested this on 2016 and still get the same problem.

Regards,

Bill

Message 11 of 11
jakub_d

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report