Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 - Another Item Issue - Losing link

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
cbenner
662 Views, 12 Replies

Vault 2015 - Another Item Issue - Losing link

I am hesitant to open yet another support case for Vault 2015, especially since I can seem to dupliucate this one often enough to pinpoint WHEN it is happening.

We use Vault Professional, and we use Items and Change Orders.  Whatr SEEMS to be happening is that performing an "Update All" on the records tab of a change order is causing the associated Items to lose their primary file link  We've gotten used to checking each one and reattaching the link if it is lost, but this should not be happening.  I cannot say for sure this is the cause, we've seen other Items that have lost primary file links.... I even had one yesterday that was a brand new Item with the WRONG file set as Primary File Link... it wasn't even close.  The file it attached was in a differnt folder in the Vault, and was several years old.  not even the same equipment type where we could make the argument that there must have been some link between the files.  The user assigned Item to a file, and the Item set a completely different file as primary link.

I WILL open another case if I need to, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing weird behavior with Items and their file links.  We saw nothing like this in 2013, and were using Items and Change Orders for well over a year with none of this behavior.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
johannes.bauer
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

thank you for engaging with us.

I have to admit, I have not seen this behaviour before, but perhaps someone else has. Let's see here.

I need to say, that it might also be with your data, so opening a case and have this analysed by product support (and reproduced) would be the best thing to do here.

The workflow which can be used to reproduce the issue is crucial there.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: johannes.bauer

The problem is that it seems random.  I wouldn't know what dataset to use.  I think I need to find a pattern before opening a case would do any good.  That way I could describe the steps and send a dataset that I know is exhibiting the behavior.

Thanks for jumping in so quickly.  It's been frustrating since upgrading.

Message 4 of 13
johannes.bauer

Hi Chris,

you could check when doing after the "update all" command on the Vault Server logs to check if there happens something.

Perhaps this is a good place to start.

Thank you!

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 5 of 13
mikel_martin

Sometimes just showing us the a couple data sets where this has happen can help us pin point what happened.

If you have seen this happening three or more results of this that can be studied, I would open a case.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: mikel_martin

Ok this just happened again, using the Update All tool in the ECO.  I now have two Items for each of three Autocad Files.  The newest one has the files as Primary Link, the previously existing one with no file link.  The older one is still attached to my Change Order and has all of my UDS's set to the correct values.

The fix is to delete the newly created Items, and then edit each of the older ones to manually reattach the files.

What sort of dataset would be the most helpful to analyze this?  If I do a pack n Go on all 6 Items, all I get is the 3 CAD files.

dups.PNG

In this image, the 3 Items on top are the originals, still attached to the ECO.

Message 7 of 13
KooCheeKit

Hi ChrisB,

Could you check if the system Number 'initial value' mapped at settings tab match the udp Equivalence Value at mapping tab?

Thanks,

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
cbenner

Message 10 of 13
KooCheeKit

For the Number, click on the <Mapped>, a droplist will returned showing the mapping. For the Equivalent Value, select the Mapping tab beside the settings tab, both side mapping should be the same.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: KooCheeKit

Thank you for the response, I have set them to be identical.  I have never done this before in previous releases, and didn't know this even existed.  In my humble opinion, Autodesk needs to do a better job of pointing out things such as this that are so important.  I would have had to read through the entire Vault help in order to find this, until you pointed it out to me.

Thank you very much for your help. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
dherman469
in reply to: KooCheeKit

Hello Chee-Kit,

Can you please post a picture that shows an example of how the correct mappings should look for Number and Equivalence Value?  We are encountering the same problem, and I would like to make certain that I understand your solution correctly.  Thank you very much. 

Daniel Hermanson

Message 13 of 13
KooCheeKit
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel,

The picture shows the default mapping.

SysNumberUdpEquivalenceValue.PNG

Regards,

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report