Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 client: Object not set to an instance of an object

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gunnar_larsson
570 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2014 client: Object not set to an instance of an object

Hi.

Trying to test Vault 2014 environment after recent upgrade.

The setup is like:

ADMS Basic 2014 on a fresh 2008r2-SP1 box.

Test client on a W7-machine.

Both the server and the client has Vault 2014 SP1 and hotfix 2 installed.

The Vault is running as a Content Center only, with single user project files, and the environment uses ProductstreamProfessional to manage the file store.

Here´s the problem.

When I try login to Vault client as "Content Center read only User", i get the error "Object not set to an instance of an object"

When I login as administrator, everything works fine, and I can place parts from Content Center.

I tried to rename the folder C:\users\<user>\appdata\autodesk.  When starting Inventor the folder reappears with new files, but the error still remains.

What else can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: gunnar_larsson

Hi Gunnar,

This is a known issue.  Please create a Vault user, CCUSER for example.  Give it content center editor rights, and assign the user to the out of the box vault as a Vault Consumer  (so they aren't tempted to check things into the vault database) and have them login using this one user account.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
gunnar_larsson
in reply to: r.smith1

That´s what I did, but the common user should not have CC editor rights in this case

The company has a standards department which takes care of all CC updates.

Thank You for answering.

Message 4 of 4
aparrow
in reply to: gunnar_larsson

Spoiler
I just posted a similar post - then found this. Sorry for multiple postings. 
Spoiler
The issue I find with this solution, it consumes a license. Correct me if I'm wrong, but logging in as Content Center library read only user does not consume a license. We have a Vault project with a half doezens users, and many more projects and users that use Vault for the Content Center only.
--
Inventor 2012/2014 Certified Professional
Product/Factory Design Suite 2018
Vault Workgroup & Pro 2018
Dell T7610 - Dual Xeon @ 2.5GHz / 64GB Ram / ATI FirePro W7000 / 512GB SSD & Dual 1TB 10k RPM
Dell M7710 - Core i7 2.7GHz / 64GB Ram / AMD FirePro W5170M / Dual 512GB SSDs
Windows 10 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report