Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 - Lost Admin password

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ezekiel12
2048 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2014 - Lost Admin password

Hello,

is there a way how to reset Admin password? We lost it. Probably somewhere through SQL in Management Studio? Cany anyone help us with that? We quiet hurry on that 😞

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mike.Carlson
in reply to: Ezekiel12

Are you running a Vault backup in task scheduler?  If so, look at the .bat file and it sould have a User and Password that has administrative access.

Message 3 of 6
minkd

I think you will need to open a support case - either via the subscription portal if you are on subscription, or via your reseller otherwise. I believe Product Support has a utility to reset the "Administrator" password (assuming you are using Vault Authentication). -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
Ezekiel12
in reply to: minkd

SO there is no way to do it by yourself?

Nevermind, i will open case then 🙂

Thank you Very much.
Message 5 of 6
j_weber2

If you have another user with administration rights you can perhaps login to the adms as this user.

than you can modify the user administrator and delete the passwort and set a new one

changing the passwort over the sql managemant is possible but you must have a default value

Jörg Weber
CAD Systemtechniker für AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault

Message 6 of 6
Ezekiel12
in reply to: j_weber2

What do you mean by the default value? Default value for default admin is blank password 🙂

But if we had one more admin then yes we could just chang it, but we don't have 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report