Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Job Processor Error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeffwebb78
1381 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2014 Job Processor Error

We recently upgraded from Vault 2013 AEC to the Vault 2014 Professional. Our Job Processor doesn't  want to do anything correctly, Job Queue returns an error after Processor has run. We keep receiveing the error " User is not of the correct Auth type"  ANY help would be wonderful in regards to this error. Attached are a couple zips of the log files if this helps.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeffwebb78
in reply to: jeffwebb78

After researching with other people, we came to the conclusion that the job processor must be logged in to the vault using the actual vault account "administrator". After we changed that all was well.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah I we had the same error , but even as the admin I still get the error "user is not of the correct type" which makes no sense at all since he is the admin

Message 4 of 7
jeffwebb78
in reply to: Anonymous

You must log in to the job processor with the following credentials.

User ID: administrator
password: password for the administrator account.

Jeff Webb, P.E.
Garver
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah Did that, same thing

Kurt Esseltine

903 South Main Street
Middlebury IN 46540
1-574-825-5861 x 2291
AutoDesk Services
Extension 2291
Message 6 of 7
Bill.Schmid

Is this new for 2014?  Any way around it?

Message 7 of 7
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

So I created an "administrator" account, not to be confused with THE Adminstrator account,  gave it a password and got it to work.  But this presents several potential problems.  First, we used to be able to have anyone run the job processor on their computer.  They used their own account and it worked fine.  But if we can only use the administrator account, we can't just give that out to everyone.  There's no security on it if we do because it would grant a certain anonimity.  So we're now restricted to running the job processor on only one computer again.  Then there's the licensing issue.  Does the job processor, using a different login, take a license above and beyond the one I'm already using on my computer?  So if I want to run the job processor during business hours, I have to buy another seat of Vault Pro?

I still preferred it as it was in 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report