Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 ECR Approval Permissions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aleonberger
444 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2014 ECR Approval Permissions

Good morning all.  Here is my delima.  I am one of a two man design team.  The two of us are the only two who use Inventor and AutoCAD.  We are using vault professional 2014 to control our ECR process.  I need to set a list of 12 managers up who can log into vault and view ecr's, review, and approve, however, I don't want any of these users to have the ability to modify, add, or delete files.  What roles do I need to assign these users?  Also, when assigning these roles, will it allow me to route to them one at a time?  I'd like for the routing to go from me, the ecr creator, to a manager for approval, back to me to make the changes, then one at a time to the 12 managers on the list for approval, and back to me for release once all 12 have approved.  Seems like a rediculous list of needs, but the company I'm working for does have a hard head method of doing things.  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: aleonberger

Try giving the managers DocumentConsumer and Change Order Editor (Level 1).

When you setup the routing with all the managers as approvers and set it to require unanimous approval.  This will require all 12 to approve it, but it won't necessarily be "serial" in that they could approve in parallel; but the change order won't change state until the last one approves.

Beware that limiting the managers to DocumentConsumer will also prevent them from doing markups / adding attachments, etc.  If that is required then you will need to give them DocumentEditor (Level 1).  And then you can use folder/lifecycle security to prevent them from modifying design files.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
aleonberger
in reply to: minkd

Dave,

Thanks for the insight.  Another issue involved is that the way our system is setup, our shop personnel request an ECR based on issues they are seeing on the shop floor.  This is done via an internal form on our intranet.  The results of this form come directly to me.  I then initiate the ECR within Vault.  Once I submit the request, I need it to go to the managerial list to approve the change before it ever goes into the work state.  Once it has passed the approval board, then it will go into the work state for me to make the requested changes, then to review and release.  In essence, I need to implement a review state prior to my work state, so a review state between the open state and work states....how can I accomplish this?

Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: aleonberger

There is currently no support for adding new states and/or new transitions to Change Orders.

The closest thing to that would be the selection of the "Check State" workflow definition in Tools>Administration>Global Options>Change Orders which adds the "Check" state between the Work and Review states.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report