Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
1205 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2013 - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

When I try to check in a dwg from Acad 2013, we get this error.  Been running Vault 2013 for a few months and this is the first time this has happened for us. I can check-out from vault just fine (undo check-out also works), but when I try to check it back in, I get this error.  I tried it on three different workstations and all give the same error.

I went to the server and started ADMS and looked at the Server Log.  There I saw it was running some maintenance event.  Question 1.  could this be causing my issue and Question 2.  Why did it decide to start running this now?

I do run a maintenance plan, but it is set to run on Sunday nights at 10pm.

This might not be my problem, but is there a way that I could get it to run these maintenance events during off hours?

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1
Vault Basic 2013

2012-11-30_1545.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: karthur1

Hi

Maybe something in the dwg is causing the problem. 

Try to "wblock" the dwg and make a new one and then check in. 

Dan

Message 3 of 5
smjanows

Here's an old thread you may want to have a look at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2010-Exception-has-been-through-by-the-Target-of-...

IIS is by default limited to a particular file size.  If you are checking in a file that is too big, you will get an error until you change the IIS parameters.

Message 4 of 5
r.smith1

hi Kirk,

Service Pack 1 has been released for Vault 2013 products.  Please read the readme, install and test your issue with SP1 installed.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
BSchubring

We've been experiencing this issue.  A short term work around is to store a blank drawing in vault.  When a user received that error upon checking in, check out, save, and check in that blank file.  Then, tab back over to your problem drawing and check it in. It should go right in

We're currently testing SP1 for Vault 2013 (installed last night). So far, only one complaint of a recurrance of this error from a vault client 2012 user. No complaints from my (very vocal) 2013 client who was having this error. Anyone have any idea if SP2 for 2012 is required/advised for connecting to 2013 server, or addressing this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report