Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 Collaboration Replicated Environment

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ericdizon
545 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2013 Collaboration Replicated Environment

We are using Vault Collaboration 2013 with the following setup

Canada - Publisher            - Domain1

China    - Subscriber          - Domain2

I promoted all the users to domain accounts under Canada ADMS server for both domains.  All users from Domain1 can login properly no issue.  But users from Domain2 are getting "The user name and\or passsword appears to be invalid, please try again.  In short they are not being authenticated properly.  I rebuild the index after I promoted users.

For the ADMS Vault Impersonation account the Canada Server uses a Domain1 user account.  But for the China server it only uses a Local PC Account.  Would I be right if this is the one causing the issue?  If I need to change theVault Impersonation account for China Server what would it affect?  My worry is if I change it would affect the replication setup we have right now that is working properly....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: ericdizon

The impersonation account has nothing to do with user authentication.  Your users in China are authentication through their workstion to the Active Directories in China.  Therefore you will need a Trust relationship between the Canada and China domains.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
ericdizon

Yes, there is a trust relationship between our domains, because both domains are child domains of the same root / forest.. There is not much settings to play around ADMS to see why is not working...

Message 4 of 7
ihayesjr

Can you take a look in the ADMS Console's Vlogs to see what error is being returned?  Also, look in the server's Event Viewer log to see if there are also authentication issues.  It might be in the Security log or System log.

If nothing appears in either, try turning on Auditing on the server, then authentication errors should appear in the Security log.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 7
ericdizon
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi these are the logs that I got from the server both Vlogs and IIS logs.  I don't see any obvious error in the Event viewer under Security or System.  The errors that I see on the Vlogs are Exception: InvalidUserPassword [301]

or Exception: WinAuthUserNotFound [312] when my China users logs in.  Hope this helps and thank you for your assistance.

Message 6 of 7
ericdizon

Hi these are the logs that I got from the server both Vlogs and IIS logs.  I don't see any obvious error in the Event viewer under Security or System.  The errors that I see on the Vlogs are Exception: InvalidUserPassword [301]

or Exception: WinAuthUserNotFound [312] when my China users logs in.  Hope this helps and thank you for your assistance.

Message 7 of 7
c.dewhurst

Any resolution to this? I'm getting same WinAuthUserNotFound [312] when using hostname for server, using IP will log in. DNS is fine, I can ping, resolve etc. Server is in same local domain. Stupid thing is I can login to the replicated servers which are on trusted domains just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report