Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 permissions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
coemter
541 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2012 permissions

We switch to Vault 2012 recently. Some users complains some problems when renaming and moving and i was trying to reproduce that. So i notice that my users now can remove files and folders. If i remember well before (since Vault 2007) my users should not delete files and folders in anyway (they can move into a special folder that the admin will remove).

How can i configure permissions so that users may do most things, but not removing in any way ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.laidler
in reply to: coemter

Assign them to 'document editor 1'.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 6
coemter
in reply to: john.laidler

>> Assign them to 'document editor 1'.

So they cannot rename files...

Message 4 of 6
yuhui.zhang

correct, the permission of rename, move sharing same user role with permission 'delete conditional' - Document Editor (Level2). For this case, if you works with Vault Workgroup edtion (or above), Access control list (ACL) of folder security or State  security may help to match the requirement besides basic role based security. For Vault 2012, no more option to configure.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 5 of 6
coemter
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

So "standard" Vault server gives me 2(!) sets of permissions combination only. Come on guys, even this is the entry edition, it is server software. Now i can have up to 10GB database (and many many files) and my end-users may delete all with one click ...

Message 6 of 6
john.laidler

If you use 'document editor 1' for the permissions, then the user can't delete files.

You can also use 'folder level security' to limiit the deleting of files, unless you are using the basic Vault version.

Folder Level Security you can assign the use as 'read-only', 'full control' or 'no access'.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report