Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 opening screen

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
mies07
1686 Views, 22 Replies

Vault 2012 opening screen

Is there any way to turn off the initial "Welcome to the Autodesk Vault 2012 Family of Products" screen that displays when Vault is opened? Would prefer it just go right to vault root, as it used to.

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
ihayesjr
in reply to: dwing

Sorry but Vault Collaboration has the same issue as Vault Basic.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 22 of 23
ggoodey
in reply to: ihayesjr

I have this problem too

Using Vault Collaboration 2013

Project Explorer doesn't stick

Extremely annoying!

Why on earth would I want a rundown of the program every time I start it up?

When I first opened the program, I thought it was going to be a first instance thing only... maybe with a "don't show this again" check-box

It's like advertising to people who are already using the software...

Message 23 of 23
dwing
in reply to: ihayesjr

I have found a free little program on the web called KatMouse that has the old X-mouse like capabilities.

It allows you to move the cursor over a window and it will cause the window under the cursor to be the focus.  You no longer have to click in a window (or window pane like in Explorer).  It's great for not accidently launching programs when activating a window. All you need to do is scroll the wheel to activate the window.  You can have it bring the window to the foreground, too if you want.

It's less annoying than the Windows TweakUI version of X-mouse, and works just the way I like it.

It ALSO allows activating the Inventor Vault opening login box with just a tweak on the mouse wheel - a nice feature.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report