Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 and Microsoft office 2010 x64

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
amasva
2169 Views, 27 Replies

Vault 2012 and Microsoft office 2010 x64

Hi

I have look at the System requirements for Vault 2012 ( http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/vault_2012_system_requirements_us.pdf ) and it seems like Autodesk has forgotten to build a add in for Microsoft Office for us x64 users. Is this really so?? Why? Starting to get frustrated here..

Asle Svastuen

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
alh-telesis
in reply to: alh-telesis

Seems our external links are not the traditional "External" Links. They are a connection to an SQL database via an SQL Query.

Sorry, I don't think this helps you.

Capture.JPG

Message 22 of 28
scottmoyse

thanks for your help though, i will forward this on to our spreadsheet guy! lol

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 23 of 28
lei.hong
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thanks so much for helping us improve our product. I agree current behavior is not good. You want this enabled even you may get many prompts? Just clarify my understanding.

Erik Hong
Product Designer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 28
scottmoyse
in reply to: lei.hong

We don't want Vault to forcefully untick the box shown in the screenshot i have provided on this thread. We want Excel to prompt us with the question, do you want to update the links? which is what it does if the vault excel add-in isn't loaded and that excel application option is ticked (like it is out of the box when you install excel!)

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 25 of 28
conner717
in reply to: ihayesjr

I can't believe you guys don't support Office x64 with Vault. Absolute fail.

If you're not supporting it then maybe stress to your distributors the importance of it so they understand it's not compatible and should ASK the potential consumer whether they use a 64bit version of Office. Unfortunately we need the abilities of 64bit Office for some tasks we do and now can not make use of Autodesk Vault after purchasing. I'll say that we should've looked into this a bit more but then again 64 bit is becoming the norm so why wouldn't Office x64 be supported.

Also for Autodesk to base it's decision on this..

"Will Office 2010 products be available in 64-bit versions? Yes, Office 2010 products are available in 64-bit versions; however, for the best productivity and user experience, Microsoft recommends 32-bit Office 2010 for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Office 64-bit is optimized for advanced data analysis scenarios that most users don’t require, and existing 32-bit add-ins are not supported on Office 64-bit"

is rediculous! Most users don't use Autodesk products either. You don't develop for the majority of users in that scenario. Hell we all jumped to 64bit versions of OS because we needed the extended memory that MOST USERS don't require either. I'm just absolutely amazed at how much Autodesk dropped the ball on this.

Message 26 of 28
alh-telesis
in reply to: conner717

bowdown.gif

Nicely worded !

Message 27 of 28
madmorrison

Did this ever get resolved?  Currently running Vault 2012 and Office 2010 (both 64 bit) on several machines, Office add-in does not show up in either program.

I saw all the old posts about not supporting 64 bit, but assumed it would have been fixed by now...    Is this resolved in Vault 2014?

Thanks!

Message 28 of 28
ihayesjr
in reply to: madmorrison

Vault started to support 64bit Office with Vault 2013.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report