Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 and License Auditing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aaronrosenberg
377 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2012 and License Auditing

I currently moved my License Server to another subnet. I don't know if this had any affect, but I see that ADMS has checked out all available licenses. Is there a way to figure out who specifically is using these licenses or if there is a problem with ADMS grabbing to many? Any help is appreciative.  If its any help, the SQL Server is on its own machine, and the license server is seperate from the ADMS as well.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: aaronrosenberg

Hi Aaron,

The ADMS VLOGS show who is signed into Vault.  LMTOOLS will show you Administrator has pulled the licenses for Vault if you perform a status inquiry in LMTOOLS. 

There are third party alternatives to show who is using licenses, and I believe you can also use the API to write your own custom application to show who is pulling licenses (logged into Vault from Vault).  To find out more about the API, I recommend asking the customizations discussion Group.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-Customization/bd-p/301

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
aaronrosenberg
in reply to: r.smith1

Thanks, can you recommend a 3rd party tool. I found a script, but it is in german so I am having dificulty figuring it out. 

Message 4 of 4

To my mind Vlog*.txt gives no reliable info regarding what users are currently hold the license (manual analysis usually shows that threre are more license in use than we have). The problem is -it contains 20 times less returned lines than aquired lines.

Consequently "that German script" (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Who-has-a-licence/m-p/3347533#M40923) not really gives the answer as well. It only shows when somebody got license.

If anybody knows the 3rd party software please give us a note!

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report