Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 Install on Windows Server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shaunfarris
305 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2012 Install on Windows Server

Hi All,

For years now I have been running the Vault on my local machine and accessing it, however, I have now managed to get access to a dedicated server.

I am trying to install the software but it fails, and I dont seem to be able to decipher the log file to know what the issue is.

I have attached the error log,

The server is listed as:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Service Pack 1

Look forward to any help

Cheers

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BSchubring
in reply to: shaunfarris

Does the GUi offer any explanation? (a screen showing the specific failure that caused the install to fail?)

That asked, this thread had the same error, someone at the end said it might be DotNet 4.0.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Failed-Installation-aborted-Result-1603/m-p/3017296#...

Message 3 of 4
Andy.Spivey

The log file indicates a failure with the prechecks - most likely caused by the version of the OS (Datacenter).  I have sent you a PM.  

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 4 of 4
shaunfarris

Hi,

Thanks for the replies,

I decided to just go for it and try, safe knowing that i had it all working fine on my pc if something went wrong.

Basically I did a full backup first so that I could use this to restore on the new server.

To get the Vault installed I ended up having to manually instal and configure SQL and IIS, once these were all set up and verified the Vault installed and only had 2 issues, no errors. The issues were the Datacentre edition and the Firewall, the firewall settings were correct. so I accepted the issues and carrie don.

THe Vault installed, and I restored the backup to it.

And to my amazement everything just worked from then on.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report