Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 - Full text search

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
913 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2012 - Full text search

Hi,

i turned on the full text search feature in ADMS console for Vault Professional 2012 on a windows server 2008.

as i understand, there is nothing else to do to enable full content indexing for vault.

i can see new ADMS server tasks regarding updating the full text index every 20 minutes. they seem to run succesful.

the problem is, that i do not get a search result in the vault client if i perform a search (with full text searching enabled in the search options) e.g. for DOCX, PDF, MSG,...

is there anything else to turn on or install on the server? is there a way to check if the index on the server is existing and ok?

thank you,

klaus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Klaus,

The full text search feature is dependent upon ifilters for extraction of the content - so it's possible you do not have ifilters installed for some file types. If you are able to successfully search for some file types but not others, this is likely the issue.

There is a good (free) tool for viewing what ifilters you have installed:

http://www.citeknet.com/Products/IFilters/IFilterExplorer/tabid/62/Default.aspx

You'd be interested in looking at what extensions are supported on the 'indexing 3.0' tab. Also please note that the ifilters have to support x86 (even if you are on an x64 system)/

Hope this is helpful, 

Paul

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.gunn

Paul, thx for your helpful answer - only the search for MSG files (and in connection to it the extraction of properties for configuration of email conversations) is still not working.

i installed the iFilter http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1111. on both, server and client. is this the correct one?

thank you,

klaus

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, everything is working now.

I had to restart the server.

klaus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report