Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 error while trying to Get/Check Out a file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DZIVKOVIC
659 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2011 error while trying to Get/Check Out a file.

We all use Vault2011 SP2. Some of us are getting the error on a specific file while others do not. When you right click on the file to do a “Get/Check Out”, it starts to search, but then crashes giving you the dialog box to send the error report to Autodesk. After the report is sent I have to close the “Get/Check Out” dialog box without ever getting the chance to access the file.

If you cancel the sending of the error report, a second dialog box appears with the error “The given key was not present in the dictionary”. Not sure if that is from the original problem or from me canceling the error report. Either way I can’t get my file.

Dave,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: DZIVKOVIC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the posting. Would you please check following:

1. for the users w/o error, are they login as SAME vault user or different vault user? sometimes the unexpected result may occur while including non-accessible files

2. for the Clients w/o error, are these clients in same setting? a quick way to check current setting: add a txt file, run Get command on it, click Setting button to compare. please show if setting difference.

3. please fill your email address then send error report if you are able to see the error again, you can send filled email address to me at yuhui.zhang#autodesk.com (replace # with @). the error report maybe tell somthing more.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 7
DZIVKOVIC
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Sorry for the delay  I was out of the office.

Each user has a different login. My original problem was with just one file in Vault. Since my absence we have found about 10 more files with the same problem. None of the users are able to access to them. Don't believe it's a user setting anymore.

I added my email address dzivkovic@avtron.com to the error report, reran the process a second time, and then placed your email. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 4 of 7
yuhui.zhang

hi Dave,

Thank you for your error report with email address. Would you please tell more about - "None of the users are able to access to them." user be able to see the files but unable to get them, even for Administrator?

Besides, did you stay on 'Design View' of Get /Check Out dialog? If so, please select a normal file to Get it, swtich view to FolderView (the setting be saved), then try to get the incorrect file again with Folder View.

Hope it helps.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
DZIVKOVIC
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Fay,

Thank you very much. Changing to folder or list view works. This was obviously something you've seen before considering the odd behavior

Once again thanks for the help,

Dave

Message 6 of 7
yuhui.zhang

Glad to hear your problem solved. Actually I didn't see it before. Your error report told me this:)

Please mark it as the solution, so that others have the same problem can get the solution directly.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
DZIVKOVIC

I've tried to understand the error report dump data with no luck. Is there a secret decoder ring for that ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report