Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2009 problems moving to a new Server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andytruelove
244 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2009 problems moving to a new Server

Hi

Our Vault 2009 server is failing so I'm trying to rebuild onto new hardware.  I've got Vault installed OK and can connect etc so I've tried to restore a backup from ADMS Console.  This seems to work except I get an error 1/2 way through:

"Migration of 'AI2009_VAULTNAME' failed: Database migrations from version '7.0.10' are not supported.  Would you like to migrate remaining databases?"

If I select to continue the other Vaults restore OK and I can access them.  I've checked the old server and the two versions of ADMS are identical and the problem Vault does reside on this server.  The only difference I can think of is the old server is Windows 2003 and the new one 2008/R2.

Bit of a novice on Vault so would welcome any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

Andy Truelove

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: andytruelove

From what I can tell, you must have installed hotfix TS1086568 on your old system (which bumped the content center library schema to 7.0.10), and this hotfix has not yet been installed on your new system.

You will need to install that hotfix to use that content center library.

Unfortunately, Vault 2009 is six years old (we just released 2015) so I'm not sure where to get that hotfix.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
andytruelove
in reply to: andytruelove

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the reply.  Having a quick Google it looks like that Hotfix is in Inventor 2009 SP1 (we're Inventor users) so I'll give that a try when I'm back on site. I'll report back for any other readers.

Thanks again.

Andy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report