Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection with Windows Authentication

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ddavis
621 Views, 3 Replies

VPN connection with Windows Authentication

Is there a way in which I can log on to our Vault through our VPN connection while using a domain account?

What I mean exactly is can I push the login information I used to connect to the VPN to the vault somehow. The computer I use at home is mine and therefore the domain and username does not match that of my office's.

I feel that I have done this before in testing, but for some reason it no longer works. 

Any ideas?

Darek

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: ddavis

You will not be able to do this.  The computer you use must be a member in the domain.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
dflaugher

I've never gotten this to work reliably. I think there is too much latency with a VPN connection. For the few users that need to connect via VPN, I demote them from Active Directory authentication to Vault local authentication. This works well . sometimes it is best to also enter the Vault server ip address instead of the FQDN to address possible DNS issues.
Message 4 of 4
ddavis

Thank you for the input guys. I have been able to reproduce this on one of my machines. It only works on my laptop which has been connected to our network before, while my desktop does not connect properly. Is it possibly due to my desktop never being in the network before?

It does work quite slowly, but I was able to accomplish the file retrieval I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report