Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY VERY SLOW adms console

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jparks_79
1140 Views, 11 Replies

VERY VERY SLOW adms console

Hello,

I am having some problems on some servers while opening the ADMS console. Some servers are consistanly taking more than 5 minutes to  have an active console that can be manipulated.

If accessed remotely, as I am, it never seems to come up completely. The databases on these servers are small and the hardware is very underutilized.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be? We are seeing this problem on adms 2010-2012 on windows 2003 64. Not all servers are having this problem.

Thanks,

Jeremy

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jparks_79

Any errors in the event logs?
Message 3 of 12
jparks_79
in reply to: Anonymous

that is a very good point. In the new vault we just set up, here is a reoccuring evernt;

Warning: Lucene failed to remove its lock file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\ProductionVault.
Exception: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\ProductionVault\write.lock' is denied.

I don't have the slightest idea what is causing this entry. Any idea?

Thanks,

jeremy

Message 4 of 12
Andy.Spivey

Jeremy,

What vault version is this error regarding?  Is update 1 and 2 applied?  Are you using Windows Authentication if applicable?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 12
jparks_79
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy,

We are using Vault Pro 2012. I have not seen any server patches on the service packs page. I am missing something there?

As far as windows authentication, on the vanilla vault 2010 installs, it was not an option for us, with vault 2012 pro, we intend on using this feature. But with this one installation, from remote, I can no longer access the console. I have to ask my coworkers in the european  offices to act on my part.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 6 of 12
Andy.Spivey

Jeremy,  thank you for confirming the product version as 2012 - there is not an update 1 or two for 2012 (currently). Are there any vault server hotfixes installed on the system? (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9261341#section31)

Can you post the ADMS console log from the machine?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 12
jparks_79

Hi Andy,

I basically did not have any hotfixes installed. But i spen tthe time this morning going the the list of available updates and installed all the available patches that applied to our environment.

What I notice in the console log is a repeated check of the libraries. Could this be the culprit?

Message 8 of 12
Andy.Spivey

The messages pertaining to:

04.08.2011 20:41:00 Connectivity.Content: GetLibraryInfo - start - DB = AI2012_Inventor Sheet Metal
04.08.2011 20:41:00 Connectivity.Content: GetLibraryInfo - end
04.08.2011 20:42:02 All vaults and libraries have already been migrated

are expected and will be shown when you launch the console.

Is the only symptom you are having is poor performance when opning the console?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 12
jparks_79

Hi andy,

I see these messages on al lthe console logs, but they just appeared to repeat more frequently on these servers. Was just an observation from me and another collegue.

Basically, the client machines do not see any of these problems. all client side operations perform great. We have just been struggling getting our multisite up and running because the console is almost impossible to use on this one server(publisher). But after applying al the patches, I am now, at least able to get the console open, as I wasn't previously. But this still doesn't explain why some servers are taking more than 5 minutes to ope the ADMS console, while others are opneing almost immediately.

Again, it is greatly appreciated that you are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 10 of 12
jparks_79

...any ideas as to why some consoles are performing so poorly? Even with the patches installed, it is still next to very time consuming to make any changes in the console due to response times.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 11 of 12
Andy.Spivey

Jeremy,

Can I ask that you log a case with product support through subscription center regarding this? 

Or, if you would prefer we can continue to troubleshoot via the forums.

The information posted so far is that you are running:

Vault Pro 2012

Server 2003 x64

Looking to implement replication (multisite or connected workgroups)

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 12 of 12
jparks_79

Hi Andy,

I don't have any problem issuing a support ticket. I was just trying to utilize the forums as much as possible.

I will submit a ticket this afternoon.

Thanks for your help!

jeremy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report