Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC 2010 Web Client problems

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
billco-mfg
997 Views, 8 Replies

VC 2010 Web Client problems

We recently upgraded to VC2010 with Inventor 2010 and AcE 2010. When opening dwfs in the Vault web client, I get inconsistent behavior. The same file will sometimes open with Design Reviews ribbon bar shown (collapsed). If I try again, it might open without the ribbon bar. Other times it just hangs up and never loads the file. I just upgraded my computer to Design Review 2011 to see if the behaviour would change, but it did not.

If I view the files in Vault Collaboration, they open and display consistently.

Does anyone else have similar issues with the web client loading design review?

We see the same behavior on a mix of XP w/ IE 7, Vista w/ IE8 and Win7 with IE 8.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dennisrmulljr
in reply to: billco-mfg

We have the same problem with the Web Client. The first time we open a drawing the Design Review ribbon will show, but then when you open another drawing the ribbon won't show then. I've just trained people to right click on the drawing when it comes up use the pop-up menu then to count on the ribbon. Now if we close out of the web client and open it again the Design Review ribbon will show again, but only for the first drawing again.

Now I have tried using Mozilla Firefox (instead of Internet Explorer to open the thin client) when you open a drawing it will always open the full Design Review program all the time, which would have been fine, but I didnt persue it anymore due to other problems I was having when using Firefox to open the thin client. Which tells me they didn't write the web client to work with Firefox, or I have some settings that are not set correctly.

Now currently we are only using Internet Explorer 7, I don't know if upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 would help or not.
Message 3 of 9
billco-mfg

I'm using IE8. It doesn't appear to help.
Message 4 of 9
billco-mfg

It seems that our IDWs load reliably (the drawing itself, not the ribon bar). Our IPTs and IAMs don't always open. Do you have that problem as well, or is it just the ribbon bar hiding for you?
Message 5 of 9
dennisrmulljr

Currently we don't put in anything but DWG's in Vault. But we do have problem from time to time with Vault not creating the DWF's for the DWG's. If there is no DWF created for the file, the thin client asks us about saving the file to the hard drive or opening it in another application. Which we fix that by just checking the drawing out and opening it, do a zoom all or something that wants us to save again and then checking the drawing back into Vault. It doesn't happen alot, just from time to time. Maybe that's the problem with your IPT's and IAM's that the DWF's are not being created for them.

But mostly our problem is the ribbon not showing after the first drawing is opened.
Message 6 of 9
billco-mfg

We have that problem as well. For us, DWFs not publishing is all CAD operator error.

I have verified that the DWFs are created for the models. I have viewed them in Vault Collaboration and downloaded the DWF to my local drive to open directly with Design Review. Edited by: wehnerk on Apr 16, 2010 8:27 AM
Message 7 of 9
Cadenza

Autodesk are aware of this issue it was reported last year sometime - who knows when they wil get round to fixing it? Maybe 2012 or 13
Message 8 of 9
billco-mfg

Which part, the files not loading or the ribbon bar?

I started a support request that is mainly concenred with the file loading problem. They asked me to check if the problem existed when logged in as another user on the same computer. That seemed to work, but I don't yet know how to fix the problem in a Windows profile.
Message 9 of 9
Maxim-CADman77

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report